MacPhail to release web video for fans tomorrow

Slappy

I've always gone on the premise that you underpromise and overperform. What MacPhail did instead was overpromise and his team has underperformed and look what has happened? He's releasing a silly tape to the fans.

This team needed a year to gel and to see who is for real and who isn't.

It's the reason why the early 1990 Braves struggled even with Justice, Gant, Smoltz, Glavine and Avery as starters.

It's the reason why the 1991 Cleveland Indians struggled even with Baerga, Belle, Alomar and Nagy as starters.

It's the reason why the 2007 Tampa Bay Rays struggled even with Crawford, Upton, Kazmir and Shields as starters.

IMO these are the teams he is trying to mold the O's from... and he really should have known better before he made that silly comment to the public.

How do we know that Pirates or Royals fans haven't been saying these same things since the mid-90's?

Just because other teams turned it around doesn't mean we automatically will.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, we are bringing in Brian Billick.:rolleyes:

Why do people have to kinda rip the guy for saying head coach. Guess what? DT IS the head coach of the O's, who gives a crap if he's officially called the "Manager"? He's still the head of the coaching staff.

Off my soapbox.

I'm really curious to see what this video is all about.

Why do you guys think this is going to be anything other than some PR bs?

That's all it will be.

If anything, it is just going to piss people off more.

AM still hasn't learned that his words mean nothing..I don't give a rat's patootie what he has to say anymore...I am tired of listening to him and then hearing fans they like that he shoots straight and tells you what's on his mind.

What the hell difference does that make?

I care about WHAT YOU ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH! Do something to earn your pay check...When you say wins matter, say it by who you acquire, not by your meaningless and empty words.

That's all it will be.

AM still hasn't learned that his words mean nothing..I don;t give a rat's patootie what he has to say anymore...I am tired of listening to him and then hearing fans they like that he shoots straight and tells you what's on his mind.

I care about WHAT YOU ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH! Do something to earn your pay check...When you say wins matter, say by who you acquire, not by your meaningless and empty words.

Yeaaaaaaah, but he's not really talking to you and me. He's talking to the people who aren't really the diehards, the people that'll waver on buying a ticket.

I know what your response will be....I'm just sayin, this video probably isn't aimed at the diehards.

To be fair, SanFran didn't say he was expecting the best production of their careers. Roberts was better in '05 than '03, Markakis was better in '08 than '07, Wieters was better in AA than AAA, and Scott was best in '06. So, Andy isn't asking for all that much really.

I guess my joke wasn't that funny.

Yeaaaaaaah, but he's not really talking to you and me. He's talking to the people who aren't really the diehards, the people that'll waver on buying a ticket.

I know what your response will be....I'm just sayin, this video probably isn't aimed at the diehards.

Most of the die hards will buy what he has to say though and still do.

It's the casual fan who isn't buying what he's selling.

So this approach will not work with the casual fan.

The casual fan wans to see results in the standings and on the field, not to be told that the state of the Orioles is still strong or some crap like that.

They are buying a ticket to see the team win that day, not in 2014.

"I think you misunderstood when I said wins and losses matter. What I meant was, wins and losses matter because we want the #1 pick and we want to show Bud Selig that playing in this division sucks. So yeah, mostly losses matter."

That's all it will be.

AM still hasn't learned that his words mean nothing..I don't give a rat's patootie what he has to say anymore...I am tired of listening to him and then hearing fans they like that he shoots straight and tells you what's on his mind.

I care about WHAT YOU ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH! Do something to earn your pay check...When you say wins matter, say it by who you acquire, not by your meaningless and empty words.

Yep instead of wasting time and resources on the video, he could have actually been trying to improve the current team.

This just shows how completely out of touch he is with this fanbase, that he thinks this video will actually help.

Acquiring a difference making player or even a player like Alex Gordon would send a much better message than whatever he's going to say in this video.

I know what the video will be...

Yesterday Andy MacPhail was watching this video:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGLZqDXau98&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGLZqDXau98&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And he realized how he could solve the lack of hitters in our lineup.

So in his video today he'll be announcing the hiring of a diverse team of Native American priests...

And on off days in the schedule (so as not to create game postponements) his new team of priests will do...

Raindance.jpg

A rain dance!

I mean it can't be any crazier than thinking Corey Patterson will bring about any more wins to this team can it?

I'm ashamed to say I googled that music video to make this point. This is what the Orioles have driven me to!

Yep instead of wasting time and resources on the video, he could have actually been trying to improve the current team.

This just shows how completely out of touch he is with this fanbase, that he thinks this video will actually help.

Acquiring a difference making player or even a player like Alex Gordon would send a much better message than whatever he's going to say in this video.

You have got to be kidding me with this. This video is really taking that much time out of his day that he can't perform his duties as GM?

Give me a break.

You can be against the video and think it is just PR BS, but to think it is preventing him from making a blockbuster move is what is really out of touch.

Most of the die hards will buy what he has to say though and still do.

It's the casual fan who isn't buying what he's selling.

So this approach will not work with the casual fan.

The casual fan wans to see results in the standings and on the field, not to be told that the state of the Orioles is still strong or some crap like that.

They are buying a ticket to see the team win that day, not in 2014.

You speak the truth.

Archived