MacPhail to release web video for fans tomorrow

Slappy

You have got to be kidding me with this. This video is really taking that much time out of his day that he can't perform his duties as GM?

Give me a break.

You can be against the video and think it is just PR BS, but to think it is preventing him from making a blockbuster move is what is really out of touch.

It's not just his time, but the cost and time of the filming crew and then the cost and time spent to edit and upload it.

All of that could have been put to better use.

It's a waste of resources.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not just his time, but the cost and time of the filming crew and then the cost and time spent to edit and upload it.

Agreed. They should just get rid of the Orioles website all together. Instead of hiring people to post articles and blog about the team they can be scouting in the Ukraine for hidden talent.

You speak the truth.

mlbtraderumors said that they had an imminent deal to trade for A-Gon, V-Mart, Grady Sizemore and Tim Lincecum for some fringe middle relief prospects, but had to call it off because of the importance of getting this video out.

You and Jtrea know nothing about running a business. This video is probably costing pennies to make. Sure the camera guy makes X dollars per year, but he's already on the payroll. He's getting paid no matter what.

Oh please :rolleyes: I am sure they are using interns for this function. I love how you seem to think, all you have to do is call, and they will trade. Sometimes I wonder if you think if AM pesters other GM's enough, they will just cave and say "fine, fine, take our players" I understand you want to win, we all do. Give up the ghost already. The team doesn't want to do it your way. When you have a WS ring, and some kind of track record, then you can throw stones at the way AM runs this team. Support your team.

You are just grabbing at random things now. There are people that have jobs specifically to do stuff like this.

I would argue that it is a great use of resources if the outcome is a favorable one. Too many times we complain about the GM not saying anything. Now our GM is making a video presentation to the entire fan base and it is bashed. You also assume this is taking a ton of time on MacPhails part and a ton of money on the Orioles part, which is interesting.

Dude, look at the photo linked in the OP. You've got one camera guy, MacPhail, and one of his assistants. It's a static shot with no lighting gear. That means there is 0 editing involved. I can take a video on my phone and upload it to YouTube in 5 minutes. This is not that much different.

You could be so effective with your points of view, but have to throw in absurd things like this which weaken your position.

I'm sad my Chatroulette joke didn't get more play. Is it because you're all old and don't know what Chatroulette is? Damn.

I'm actually interested in what they say. I think it'll be revealing (in sub-textual ways). I also think JTrea's opinions are like Confederate money.

You are just grabbing at random things now. There are people that have jobs specifically to do stuff like this.

Yea.but MLB GM isn't one of those jobs.

His job is to make this team a winner...Not give us a bunch of nice quotes while he sits on his butt and doesn't back anything up.

Talk is cheap...We should all be tired of the talk.

He can talk until he is blue in the face but the bottom line is he isn't actually doing anything about it.

I would argue that it is a great use of resources if the outcome is a favorable one. Too many times we complain about the GM not saying anything. Now our GM is making a video presentation to the entire fan base and it is bashed. You also assume this is taking a ton of time on MacPhails part and a ton of money on the Orioles part, which is interesting.

All he does is talk.

Archived