Reimold is going to Norfolk

TravelerRU

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure the results are what matters...But he is getting those results right now..in the majors.

That's why it may not matter about going to the minors.

And over 12 years, results trump everything...but keep it up..maybe you will start to make sense at some point..maybe.

No offense but how stupid are you?

Your constant references to how dumb everyone else is can't help but invoke a single thought.

633620921342216904-Overcompensation.jpg

I know the O's aren't really thinking about Super 2 at all with Reimold. But I thought they called him up 2 weeks earlier than the Super 2 deadline last year. This pretty much assures that he will not reach Super 2.

Guess there is a bright side.

There is no "super 2 deadline". The number of days needed to qualify for Super-2 status changes every year, because the number of players with more than 2 and less than 3 years service varies every year, as does the number of days that varied amount of players have in between 2 and 3 years.

Reimold had 144 days of service last year. I believe the cutoff was 140 days last year, I know that Jones missed it at 139 days. Guthrie also missed it the year before at 130 days.

If Reimold is down for less than 20 days, then he will get credit for a full year of service regardless of his demotion, so he'd still be at 1.144 after the year. However, if he is down for the twenty days, then it could come into play. There are 183 days of service this year, so if he is down for exactly 20 days, that would be 163 days of service for Nolan this year. 172 days counts as a year, so that would bring him up to 1.135 days of service after the year. If he is down for more than 20 days, than that 1.135 goes down one for each additional day he is down.

It will depend on the rest of the "Super 2" class after the 2011 season as to whether Nolan will have enough days to qualify, there is no firm number of days. At 144 days, he'd probably be a Super-2. At 130, he'd probably miss out. So if he goes down for about 3.5 - 4 weeks, then he's unlikely to be a Super-2. Less than 20 days and he's very likely to be a Super-2.

Someone went to the Ooriole28 School of Baseball Analysis.

Man, your powers of observation are just so mind boggling.:rolleyes: You really can come up with some absolutely devastating arguments, I am just so in awe of your compelling and rational analysis of the state of baseball and particularly, the Orioles. You just have so much to offer, I just can't believe that your meaningful and well thought out posts are not being stated on the national scene. I bow to your greater wisdom and your knowledge of human nature.

Man, your powers of observation are just so mind boggling.:rolleyes: You really can come up with some absolutely devastating arguments, I am just so in awe of your compelling and rational analysis of the state of baseball and particularly, the Orioles. You just have so much to offer, I just can't believe that your meaningful and well thought out posts are not being stated on the national scene. I bow to your greater wisdom and your knowledge of human nature.
You are the god of keen observation - no one should ever doubt your wisdom or disagree with you, except of course TonyOh:rolleyes:

Want to go for a third post? These are both pretty compelling. Maybe toss in a few more rolleyes emoticons.

It did for me. I don't EVER want to see a young player look mentally overmatched. I saw that from Reimold last night.

I understand what you're saying. I agree the sample size is crazy small. I'm just saying that I bet there are things going on behind closed doors that make this loss of confidence really obvious. It also explains the postgame quotes from DT.

Jones looked A LOT better last night. He is my pick to click tonight. :mwahaha:

Nice call vatech.

I have been a huge Reimold believer from the beginning. He is the Orioles batter that I most like to see hit. (But) I've been saying for weeks that he's just not squaring up. He's still controlling the strike zone well, but he's not handling the pitch when he gets it.

I don't like the way they've handled him this year at all ... giving his at-bats away to Atkins, Scott, Hughes, Montanez. He should've been the starting left fielder this year and therefore had as many at-bats so far as Jones and Markakis. (But) he wasn't and he doesn't, and who's to say if his intermittent at-bats don't have something to do with the fact that he doesn't have it going yet? Maybe it's a timing thing?

Anyway, I hope that he goes down and does what he did when they send him down out of spring training in '09. I want to have him back up here, in LF and batting 3-5 in the order every day.

Want to go for a third post? These are both pretty compelling. Maybe toss in a few more rolleyes emoticons.

You continue to dazzle me with your wit. Want to try to really argue a point because you are really beginning to bore me with your non-arguments. I promise, my last post to you unless there is a real attempt on your part to argue points and opinions instead of trying to dismiss them.

You continue to dazzle me with your wit. Want to try to really argue a point because you are really beginning to bore me with your non-arguments. I promise, my last post to you unless there is a real attempt on your part to argue points and opinions instead of trying to dismiss them.

What points do you want me to argue? Why would I engage any argument that paints Reimold as some blameless victim of a vast Orioles conspiracy to humiliate him?

I made my point cleanly and clearly in this thread already:

Only this board would go nuts because their organization sent a clearly frustrated and rattled 26 year old OF with a slashline of .205/.302/.337 down to Norfolk to work on his swing and try to regain a little balance.

You know why they sent Reimold down and not Montanez? Because they care what happens to Reimold and think it will help.

They are thinking in terms of long-term benefit. If his struggles are getting to him, then who cares if Montanez could go down? The O's don't care if Montanez struggles.

I just don't see the big deal. I certainly don't see any attempt to embarrass him:

He wasn’t contributing up here and manager Dave Trembley thinks it will be good for Reimold to regain his form in a less-pressured environment.

Reimold, 26, admits his confidence has been shaken and that a stint in Norfolk may not hurt.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/2010/05/should_nolan_reimold_have_been.html

"We held on as long as we possibly could with him," Orioles manager Dave Trembley said. "This was a discussion that had been going on for a while. I was hoping he was going to hit himself through it. But we got to a point where he wasn't getting much success here and he needs to go to Triple-A and get some success. … He is very important to us, and we don't expect his stay to be long. But that is up to him."
"Hitting the ball, getting on base, fielding and throwing," Reimold said. "It all kind of snowballed. I didn't get off to a hot start, and then you start pressing and you try too hard to not make mistakes. And that's when you do make mistakes. That's kind of what happened to me."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-notebook-0513-20100512,0,865722.story

I mean, your post is just fully of craziness:

how would that affect your confidence, particularly when you always seem to hear these type of things in the media and you were jerked around in the MiLs to such an extent that the national media were openly questioning why Reimold was still in AA? For crying out loud, Reimold had to request a meeting with Trembley on his role before Opening Day because he learned through the media he wouldn't be starting. This is absolutely the worse way to treat anyone, and I am fed up with this. And to all you guys up in arms when Trembley "singled out " Pie - where are you now?

What a confidence builder this is - sent down because you probably are starting to press because there are strong rumors that you are going to be sent down. I don't believe the BS about this is about Reimold's "confidence". The absolute worst thing that you can do to some one who has confidence issues is to question their confidence and call them out publicly.

You know what I think - Reimold is the current scapegoat for mismanagement by Trembley and the horrendous off season by McPhail.

Tejada is replacement level - he is the best of this off season acquisitions - telling ain't it?

There's nothing substantive here to discuss, sadly. I mean, even when you reach (and apparently your reach exceeds your grasp) for something substantive, something factual that's not mere subjective spin, you call Tejada "replacement level."

Tejada is on pace to be 3 wins over replacement level this year. Reimold is on pace to be one game below replacement level.

Clearly, however, that's because of the way the O's "jerked him around" in AA a couple of years ago.

I've got no problem with being invested in a player personally. But don't start throwing around accusations and building ridiculous conspiracy theories and then get angry when people point out their lunacy.

I did respond, but re-reading this, I really shouldn't have. Why the #$%* would I care if you actually respond to me again? You've posted one rant worthy of a tinfoil hat and three retorts that invoke the petulance of a twelve-year old (in a tin foil hat).

If you want someone to be disappointed in your silence, offer something worth reading.

Wow I am seeing some different things than some of you.

Reimold looks lost at the plate? No way. He's drawing a lot of walks, working a lot of counts. He isn't hitting as well as he's proved he can, that will come with time.

This move baffles me a bit. Send him down to Norfolk to play every day then bring him back and will he play every day? Probably not. How is that supposed to help him. My thoughts are if you really want to help him, play him every single day in LF as he seems to hit better when he plays there. I don't have stats to back it but just from my observations so far. Play him every day, show him you have faith in him. Sending him down could be demoralizing. It's tough when you're constantly being moved in different spots/positions every game. He's not used to that, I'd just play him in LF every day for a while. He's been hitting better and running better lately so why the move now?

Whatever, I just hope this works out for Reimold and the O's. We need him, he's a very good ball player.

Archived