Paul Hoilman ETSU Jr.

• 2 weeks later...

He's from my alma mater and I used to work in the athletic department there. Obviously, the numbers are great, but I have heard nothing but great things all around from him. He has immense power and he is also a straight-A math major in the pre-med program.

That is not an easy park to hit in, and the fact that he has hit 24 homers is staggering to me. He is a 6'5 240 lb. first baseman with a good glove, so he would definitely fit well in the O's organization. His average has dipped a little of late, but I am interested to see where he ends up.

Wow...pretty nice numbers there indeed. Wonder if Stotle or Greg have any input about this guy?

Not a tough league. Good numbers but tough to gauge considering pitching in league (outside of Sale). Should get nabbed in the Top 10 rounds (I'd look 7th to 10th). Could also fall a little later if body is a concern.

• 2 weeks later...

There must have been some significant concerns because he did not go until the 49th round to Tampa Bay. That is kind of stunning to me, given the numbers that he has put up in the last few years. I know numbers aren't everything, but the kid can hit.

There must have been some significant concerns because he did not go until the 49th round to Tampa Bay. That is kind of stunning to me, given the numbers that he has put up in the last few years. I know numbers aren't everything, but the kid can hit.

You might have hit upon the reason when you mentioned that he was "also a straight-A math major in the pre-med program."

He might be a guy that just isn't interested in playing pro ball.

I don't think you can juggle minor league baseball with med school.

Just guessing here.

Archived