Too much negativism every time we lose

Frobby

The problem is the team does not score runs. Yes they scored 8 runs recently but that was not that norm. This year is supposed to be about development players starting to translate to wins. Reimold, Wieters, Jones have not played up to expectations. There's still plenty of time left of course but its disappointing. Let us hope they can get back on track, Bell and Snyder can start to hit and Tillman, Arrieta, Britton and Erbe can start helping in the MLB rotation as well as waiting in the wings. Then hopefully we can close strong and make some trades and sign some meaning FA to set us up nicely for next season.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is an absurd assumption.

You have obviously never visted the DMV on a Tuesday afternoon around 1:30.

Believe it or not - there are people whose primary reason to exist is to bring everyone else down whether it is on a message board, at home, work or anywhere in between.

They enjoy misery because they feel that it proves their points and have a very difficult time saying anything positive.

Do I feel validated from what I've been saying for the past two years under MacPhail is indeed happening? Of course. For all the crap I've taken on this board about my thoughts on MacPhail and his plan, it's nice to see more people finally seeing the light

The less people that pat him on the back and approach him in public and tell him that he's doing a good job, the better. MacPhail needs to lose fan support so he can actually be pressured into deviating from a flawed plan. His ego needs to take a hit.

Am I happy about it? Hell no! In fact that things are happening that I predicted, it just makes me feel worse because there was an opportunity to correct things. Things could have been so much different then they are now.

Imagine if we had Smoak in our lineup and Leake in our rotation instead of just Matusz in our rotation?

Imagine if we had a consistent offensive threat or two in our lineup so we wouldn't score less than 4 runs every game?

Imagine if instead of 2012 or 2013, we'd actually be looking at 2011 to actually have a shot at competing?

The potential and opportunity was there, but the Orioles blew it, because it wasn't part of "the plan."

And make no mistake, I'm more ticked off that I saw this coming and now it's happening, and our future looks very bleak unless MacPhail and the Orioles do something drastic and soon.

I want to see this team win, and I knew and still know that MacPhail will not allow that happen by following this current plan.

Do I feel validated from what I've been saying for the past two years under MacPhail is indeed happening? Of course. For all the crap I've taken on this board about my thoughts on MacPhail and his plan, it's nice to see more people finally seeing the light

The less people that pat him on the back and approach him in public and tell him that he's doing a good job, the better. MacPhail needs to lose fan support so he can actually be pressured into deviating from a flawed plan. His ego needs to take a hit.

Am I happy about it? Hell no! In fact that things are happening that I predicted, it just makes me feel worse because there was an opportunity to correct things. Things could have been so much different then they are now.

Imagine if we had Smoak in our lineup and Leake in our rotation instead of just Matusz in our rotation?

Imagine if we had a consistent offensive threat or two in our lineup so we wouldn't score less than 4 runs every game?

Imagine if instead of 2012 or 2013, we'd actually be looking at 2011 to actually have a shot at competing?

The potential and opportunity was there, but the Orioles blew it, because it wasn't part of "the plan."

And make no mistake, I'm more ticked off that I saw this coming and now it's happening, and our future looks very bleak unless MacPhail and the Orioles do something drastic and soon.

But you have NO proof that your plan would also succeed. Your plan is based in part on opinion, heresay, assumptions and fantasy.

You oftentimes "validate" your plan with examples of teams that are LOSING like the Pirates and Mariners.

The Matsuz comment is a perfect example that you choose over and over again to look at the negative despite a positive.

You disappear when the O's win a few games and "crawl out of your hole" when they lose.

You make a comment and retract or "correct it" when people use it against you.

But you have NO proof that your plan would also succeed. Your plan is based in part on opinion, heresay, assumptions and fantasy.

You oftentimes "validate" your plan with examples of teams that are LOSING like the Pirates and Mariners.

The Matsuz comment is a perfect example that you choose over and over again to look at the negative despite a positive.

You disappear when the O's win a few games and "crawl out of your hole" when they lose.

You make a comment and retract or "correct it" when people use it against you.

What good is Brian Matusz if there is no offense to back him up?

And I've always supported this team since I've become a fan. I may not support the direction that MacPhail is taking us in, but I cheer them when they do something good, and you bet I'll admonish them when they do something bad.

You obviously haven't been here long enough if you think I "crawl out of a hole" to post specifically when the Orioles are doing bad...

What good is Brian Matusz if there is no offense to back him up?

And I've always supported this team since I've become a fan. I may not support the direction that MacPhail is taking us in, but I cheer them when they do something good, and you bet I'll admonish them when they do something bad.

You obviously haven't been here long enough if you think I "crawl out of a hole" to post specifically when the Orioles are doing bad...

Well, I have been around since the Andy MacPhail adminstration began. Can I assume than that you had a bunch of positive things to say about Syd Thrift, Duquette, Flanagan and Beattie?

(I'll just edit my post as I think of additional thoughts)

And you continue to pound on the "plan" While many here - including myself - think that the "plan" went off track this past winter - I think many of us who have been fans for the past 20 years are happy that there is a plan.

If you were once happy and I assume that it had to have been in the previous adminstrations - than I think you must have supported a GM who didn't have a plan and just simply said "hey, that guy would look good in orange and black and he is willing to take our money" because that was the plan. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course there is a drop in negativity after a couple of wins. That's human nature.But the degree of the negativity is certainly proportional to the product we are seeing on a daily basis.Just because some of us are fed up with what we see doesn't make us less a fan.Too much negativity after a loss? Well,you know,there is a solution.

Well, I have been around since the Andy MacPhail adminstration began. Can I assume than that you had a bunch of positive things to say about Syd Thrift, Duquette, Flanagan and Beattie?

Duquette, absolutely. He was my favorite GM out of that bunch.

The guy was a closer. His trades didn't pan out that well but if I'm looking to go after FA talent, he's my guy. He's directly responsible for the Orioles drafting Wieters because of his close relationship with Boras, and I have no doubt if he was still here, Tex would be in a Baltimore uniform because Angelos wanted him and would have spent the money IMO and Duquette knew how to close with Boras.

He was also very open and didn't use GM speak. It was very refreshing.

And I've said positive things about MacPhail as well. I've mentioned the guy has a knack for tearing a team down and stocking a team with prospects.

But that is not what we need to do now, and his weakness as it showed in Chicago was that he couldn't figure out what it took to build a team into a winner.

Duquette had that aggressiveness we sorely need now.

It was just a matter of the wrong GM at the wrong time...

Duquette, absolutely. He was my favorite GM out of the that bunch.

The guy was a closer. His trades didn't pan out that well but if I'm looking to go after FA talent, he's my guy. He's directly responsible for the Orioles drafting Wieters because of his close relationship with Boras, and I have no doubt if he was still here, Tex would be in a Baltimore uniform because Angelos wanted him and would have spent the money IMO and Duquette knew how to close with Boras.

And I've said positive things about MacPhail as well. I've mentioned the guy has a knack for tearing a team down and stocking a team with prospects.

But that is not what we need to do now, and his weakness as it showed in Chicago was that he couldn't figure out what it took to build a team into a winner.

The bold is opinion - again not fact and you really have no way of knowing this as truth.

OK. Duquette was a Met GM in 2004 when he traded Kazmir and finished with a 71-91 record. When he went to the O's, wasn't he also responsible for spending a billion dollars (I think it was around 1.2 billion to be exact) on 4 relievers?

Duquette, absolutely. He was my favorite GM out of the that bunch.

Where's Duquette these days? If he is/was such a stellar GM (including his stint with the O's), I wonder why some other team hasn't snapped him up?

OK. Duquette was a Met GM in 2004 when he traded Kazmir and finished with a 71-91 record. When he went to the O's, wasn't he also responsible for spending a billion dollars (I think it was around 1.2 billion to be exact) on 4 relievers?

Someone is having math issues.

He spent $42M on relievers. $42M is $1.158B less than $1.2B.

Archived