5/17 - Royals @ Orioles

nevadaO

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And he blows it.

Driving a fastball thrown down the middle to right field where the player has to semi-dive to get to it is blowing it? I mean, technically, sure. But man, rough crowd.

Or are we talking about Patterson? Because he didn't have a shot either, he had to make sure that ball wasn't caught in the air. The right fielder spun around in a circle, yeah, but he was still too shallow for that to get the run in.

Plus he scored anyway.

He would have had to go back to the base as soon as the ball left the bat. He wasn't standing on the base when Markakis made contact.

Yeah, but in the air, don't you do that anyway?

You don't need to be halfway down the line, do you?

If Flanagan thinks it's a mistake (and he does) I'm content that I'm right. ;)

One thing about small ball is that it provokes the defense into making misplays that the offense has to take quick advantage of. So it helps to have jackrabbits sprinkled throughout the lineup. Once B-Rob and Pie are back--if Roberts can actually play his style of ball--our small ball potential will increase greatly (provided C-Pat plays his way into the starting lineup even then).

Yeah, but in the air, don't you do that anyway?

You don't need to be halfway down the line, do you?

If Flanagan thinks it's a mistake (and he does) I'm content that I'm right. ;)

He smoked that pitch man. It was a line drive that looked like a base hit. He flinched for 1 second and that was that.

I am not trying to defend the fact that he should have scored, but I wouldn't say he blew it there. That was tough.

One thing about small ball is that it provokes the defense into making misplays that the offense has to take quick advantage of. So it helps to have jackrabbits sprinkled throughout the lineup. Once B-Rob and Pie are back--if Roberts can actually play his style of ball--our small ball potential will increase greatly (provided C-Pat plays his way into the starting lineup even then).

Um, if Felix is back (and presumably Nolan, too), where will Corey have worked his way into the starting line-up?

Hopefully not CF, because a regression from Jones that warrants that cancels out any benefits of having speed this year.

Archived