How do you feel is the best team in the playoffs?

Sports Guy

I think his point is that CC has GREATLY improved as a pitcher since the last time they faced each other. That makes a difference.

He has, I can't disagree. Like I said, it's more about the Yankees ridiculous lineup than anything against the Indians. I actually hope Cleveland wins, but i wouldn't bet your money on them, even at +165..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone else seems to be focusing only on the pitching, so that's ironic. You're right though, I am focusing on the Yanks offense vs. the Tribe's pitching more than anything. I just really fear that lineup, it's that simple.

Carmona and CC both had better years than the guys they'll be facing, no question. To me it'll come down to experience, and clearly the Yankees have the advantage there.

Let me ask you. Because the Indians have a good lineup themselves (which you keep forgetting to discuss) it's very feasible that Wang and/or Pettitte could get hit very hard. CC and Carmona if that is the case would be in a much better position to win. In a short series like this having the advantage in starting pitching is huge.

The Tribe are sending out two top-5 Cy Young candidates, one who will most likely win it. The Yanks are sending out a decent pitcher and a pretty inconsistent guy whose best years are probably behind him.

Let me ask you. Because the Indians have a good lineup themselves (which you keep forgetting to discuss) it's very feasible that Wang and/or Pettitte could get hit very hard. CC and Carmona if that is the case would be in a much better position to win. In a short series like this having the advantage in starting pitching is huge.

The Tribe are sending out two top-5 Cy Young candidates, one who will most likely win it. The Yanks are sending out a decent pitcher and a pretty inconsistent guy whose best years are probably behind him.

I have no problem with their lineup, they have a terrific team. I love Sizemore, Martinez, and Hafner even though he had a down year for him. The young 2B looks like a player and Blake and Peralta are solid as well. There you go, i discussed their lineup.

Yes, of course it's feasible that CC and Carmona come up huge and the Indians dominate the first two games.

I still like the Yankees in this series.

I actually think all the AL teams are pretty even. Obviously some have different strengths and weaknesses, but overall, about the same. I'm picking the Red Sox to win the WS though, they have home field advantage, a very good lineup, two big game starters, a good bullpen, and the best closer.

I actually think all the AL teams are pretty even. Obviously some have different strengths and weaknesses, but overall, about the same. I'm picking the Red Sox to win the WS though, they have home field advantage, a very good lineup, two big game starters, a good bullpen, and the best closer.

I think a lot of people (myself included) are really underrating the Angels. They have a great staff, lots of speed, and a damn good bullpen too. And of course, Kotchman. I can see them beating Boston, and I hope they do.

I think a lot of people (myself included) are really underrating the Angels. They have a great staff, lots of speed, and a damn good bullpen too. And of course, Kotchman. I can see them beating Boston, and I hope they do.

Angels have a very good 3 man rotation, but Lackey has a terrible track record in Fenway, his worst of any stadium he's pitched in more than once, Matthews is out for the first series, Vlad can't play the field, and the lineup doesn't compare to Boston's or NY's. The pen isn't as good as it's been in the past either. But with all that said, as I mentioned before, all the AL teams are pretty even imo.

BTW, SG, you might want to edit the thread title.:D

Angels have a very good 3 man rotation, but Lackey has a terrible track record in Fenway, his worst of any stadium he's pitched in more than once, Matthews is out for the first series, Vlad can't play the field, and the lineup doesn't compare to Boston's or NY's. The pen isn't as good as it's been in the past either. But with all that said, as I mentioned before, all the AL teams are pretty even imo.

BTW, SG, you might want to edit the thread title.:D

Yea, Lackey looks shaky here so far. Hopefully he gets out of this inning only giving up 1 run. Good points on the injuries, i wasn't thinking clearly. Willits could have some adventures these first two games.

Hey now..Kotchman helped me win a $3500 prize in fantasy baseball this year! :D

Yea, thanks to me! I'm the idiot that traded him to you...Out of the goodness of my heart, mind you. I should get at least $750 for that. Oh yeah, thanks for Cabrera also...There's another $500 right there.

Archived