How close are you....

miggyfan

...to being done with this team and this franchise?

I am a lifelong O's diehard, but I've just about had it with this franchise and what a laughing stock it has become. Let's face it.. We are not competing in the A L East or even close to it. We won't do what needs to be done to field a truly competitive major league team and are full of excuses. Trembley should be gone, Crowley should be gone, if nothing else, just to try and light a fire.

I'd never replace the O's with another team, but I'm almost to the point of saying, "I just don't care about this team or this franchise any more"

How close are you?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...to being done with this team and this franchise?

I am a lifelong O's diehard, but I've just about had it with this franchise and what a laughing stock it has become. Let's face it.. We are not competing in the A L East or even close to it. We won't do what needs to be done to field a truly competitive major league team and are full of excuses. Trembley should be gone, Crowley should be gone, if nothing else, just to try and light a fire.

I'd never replace the O's with another team, but I'm almost to the point of saying, "I just don't care about this team or this franchise any more"

How close are you?

So if you are pretty close to giving up, but you bleed orange and black, does that mean you have to get a transfusion?

I ain't quitting until the apocalypse causes me to change priorities. And I'll probably still check the box scores in that case.

I'm not close to "dropping" this team.

It has been much easier for me, especially in the last few years, to miss games on TV. I used to be glued to the set watching the game, but now I'm not that disappointed if I miss a game or only watch half of it.

I enjoy talking about them here more than watching them most of the time! :D

I'm fine with where we stand today. It's a terrible place, but there's still a path to contention, IMO.

If AM goes through another offseason with no substantial upgrades, I'll be disgusted and will be less interested.

I can never give up on them though. However, like my experience as a Redskins fan, I can become intrigued by the team in the next closest media market. Strasburg is one to watch, and a lot of O's fans are going to tune in if they don't have anything to watch on Eutaw St.

I will always be an O's fan but I can't say that this team is making me put my life on hold to watch games or pay money to see them in person. I am probably the most disgusted and discouraged I have ever been as an O's fan. This was the year we were supposed to see progress. And there is very little progress to be seen. And if you take into account all the other regression going on, it wipes out any progress guys like Matusz or Bergesen have made.

This team is going backwards and we are all going backwards with it.

Not close at all. They are my favorite sports team and easily one of my favorite things on the planet. I will follow them as passionately as I can until the day I die no matter how bad or good they are.

Man, after 12 straight losing seasons and number 13 on the way, if I was going to leave I'd be gone by now. I don't sit around and watch every inning like I used to but I'm still checking in on the games, I'm still keeping up with them on this site and others and I'm still hoping.

Archived