I Have No Idea Why My Other Vlad Thread Was Closed But Here HE IS AGAIN!

Old#5fan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He can be good enough...certainly as good as Atkins.

He turns 32 in June and except for 10 games last year has never played first. He plays stiff.

The Babe Ruth Statue in front of the warehouse could be as good as Atkins.

He turns 32 in June and except for 10 games last year has never played first. He plays stiff.

Exactly...he has very little experience at first...had the Orioles told him to work on it all offseason and given him a ton of time there in ST and played him there all year, he would be looking better.

The Babe Ruth Statue in front of the warehouse could be as good as Atkins.
Exactly...Which is why he should have been the first baseman unless they were able to get someone better. Atkins isn't better.

Exactly...he has very little experience at first...had the Orioles told him to work on it all offseason and given him a ton of time there in ST and played him there all year, he would be looking better.

Exactly...Which is why he should have been the first baseman unless they were able to get someone better. Atkins isn't better.

He is not the future there that is the point. He is not a legit longterm option.

Look the Orioles were 100% wrong on Atkins, no question. They thought he could turn it around. The move was made, it was a risk that blew up in their faces. They were hoping he could revert to old form, he's done. They thought that Atkins what ever percentage chance it was had a better chance of being a longterm option.

So what? Neither was Atkins or anyone else they were going to sign this offseason.

They were hoping Atkins could be that, why else did they give him an option year? Look they were wrong, but them hoping he could turn it around was the only reason to sign him for that much.

Their thought process was that Atkins as crazy as it sounds now gave them a small hope at being a longterm option.

OK, we have established that Atkins sucks. But that is not the point of this thread.

As for Guerrero, I like that we just assume that he would have any interest in playing here. Last time around, it was no secret that he did not care for Baltimore, and I don't know what could have happened since to change his mind. We certainly have not become more competitive. I know that his options were more limited this time, but if we were his only suitor, he probably would have just waited it out like he did before.

Just because he would have been a good option for us does not mean that we would have been a good option for him.

OK, we have established that Atkins sucks. But that is not the point of this thread.

As for Guerrero, I like that we just assume that he would have any interest in playing here. Last time around, it was no secret that he did not care for Baltimore, and I don't know what could have happened since to change his mind. We certainly have not become more competitive. I know that his options were more limited this time, but if we were his only suitor, he probably would have just waited it out like he did before.

Just because he would have been a good option for us does not mean that we would have been a good option for him.

True, I think if we would of added him it would of been at the cost of trading Scott.

I guess that is one way to see it but I see it as bringing in an aging HOF slugger who still strikes fear in the heart of any opposing pitcher who might give some confidence to some of our young struggling hitters like Jones, Wieters, Reimold, etc., and even take a lot of pressure off of, and reduce the pitching around Markakis and Tejada.

BTW he has hit SEVEN homers this month!

So has Luke Scott and Ty Wigginton has hit 6. What's your point? You fixate on certain players (flavors of the week) based on nothing more than you seeing them hit a homerun or apparently a hard grounder like last night.

Archived