How will you feel if the O's pass on Taillon?

How will you feel if the O's pass on Taillon?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How will you feel if the O's pass on Taillon?

• Content. The O's know what they're doing
    • Meh. Don't understand why the O's would pass on him but whatever.
    • Disgusted. Blecch!

If the Pirates take Machado and Taillon is there i would be upset if they passed on him. If both are their at 3 i would prefer Taillon but wouldn't be too bummed if they took Machado. From everything i have read these are the only two guys the Orioles should take. I would prefer a young high school pitcher over a college pitcher any day. Slowly bring him up and build his arm strength. Some of the best pitchers in baseball were pitchers drafted out of High school rather College.

The same way I did last year when we passed on Matzek for Hobgood....Disgusted. The only way i could justify it is if Machado is still on the board and he's the pick, even then i would be extremely and highly upset. If its another major reach like Hobgood i think i may break out the pitchfork. Speaking of this i though i read somewhere that Jordan was instructed to take a college player. I could see them trying to take a guy like Pomeranz. In the end i think it goes Harper, Pomeranz, Tallion, then i see the Royals grabing Grandal or Machado. Here is my list of players im hoping are there after round 1. i cant even explain to you how mad it makes me we dont have that 2nd Rd pick this year. Again some of these guys will go before our 3rd pick.

Jamo Tallion -P- The Woodlands High school TX

Ty Linton-1B-Charlotte Christian HS, N.C.

Dickie Thon Jr. -SS-

ANDRELTON SIMMONS-SS/RHP-Western Oklahoma State (Kid is smooth)

Gabe Cecchini-3b-HS/LA

Kyle Blair-RHP-U of SD

Tony Thompson..3B/1b

Mason Williams-SS- West Orange HS, Winter Garden, FL

Jesse Biddle-P- Germantown Friends School, PA

Tony Wolters-SS/2B- Rancho Buena Vista High CA

Connor Narron-SS/P- Goldsboro, N.C

Reggie Williams Jr.

Reggie Golden-OF- Wetumpka HS, AL

Deshun Dixon-P/CF- Terry, HS MS (Younger brother of Anthony Dixon Led SEC in rushing this year)

2B Delino Deshields Jr., Woodward Academy, McDonough, GA

One of my Favorites is Marcus Littlewood (AKA Mr Baseball 2009) 6-foot-3 190 SS Pine View High School, St. George, Utah

http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/2009/05/baseball-san-diego-bound-littlewood-of.htm

www.perfectgame.org/(S(hp0xhu5...wood/index.aspx

If we pass on Taillon and select a college hitter, I'll suspect that upper management/ownership is dictating the pick, ala Wade Townsend. Jordan and the scouting department are said to love Taillon, I can't see them passing on the kid.

Have Taillon's Sr. year stats magically appeared yet or are they still a secret?

I don't understand your beef with this kid, or this insane tinfoil hat conspiracy you're spewing, but yeah they are prominently posted:

GS: 11

IP: 62

W-L: 8-1

ERA: 1.78

WHIP: 1.016

H: 42

BB: 21

SO: 114

SO/7 IP: 12.87

BB/7 IP: 2.37

There are plenty of quality prospects among the top 10 to get excited about if JJ likes them. If JJ prefers Whitson, Pomeranz, Covey, McGuire, that's fine by me and nothing to get "disgusted" about.

My preference would be Taillon.

Keep in mind that Taillon's ERA may be skewed by one start in which he gave up 6 or so runs in limited innings. Take out that blip and his stats look more attractive. I'll try to find where I read this.

And yes, The Woodlands H.S. plays in a tough league and is consistently ranked among the best in the prep ranks. I'd guess that he's played about as good a high school schedule as you could hope for.

I guess Taillon plays in a very competitive conference. As good as his numbers are, I've seen more impressive numbers from HS pitchers.

Well (not that you are doing this) if anyone is honestly making any sort of comparative appraisals based on HS stats, I think they need to re-think how they are comparing talents at that level.

I don't understand your beef with this kid, or this insane tinfoil hat conspiracy you're spewing, but yeah they are prominently posted:

GS: 11

IP: 62

W-L: 8-1

ERA: 1.78

WHIP: 1.016

H: 42

BB: 21

SO: 114

SO/7 IP: 12.87

BB/7 IP: 2.37

Thanks, got a link? Would you call those stats "outstanding" in your metallurgical opinion?

This year, what would you say was his toughest-guttiest win this year?

BTW, Rob Zastryzny - has better stats and isn't on anyone's radar. Go figure?

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/aurb3aCRQkq-li2nw2gtBg/baseball-spring-10/profile-rob-zastryzny.htm

Because who cares about high school stats??????

6-1/170, FB topping at 90/91 mph

6-7/230, FB topping around 98 mph

Which do you think has a better shot at leading a Major League staff down the line?

Thanks, got a link? Would you call those stats "outstanding" in your metallurgical opinion?

This year, what would you say was his toughest-guttiest win this year?

It's subscriber only at baseballamerica.com

His best outing was probably the 19 strikeout no-hitter the week after his rough outing against College Park.

When I was down in Houston for the College Classic, I talked to a former Team USA rep/board member that was at his start the night before (down in Corpus Cristi). He lost 1-0 -- that was probably his "toughest" outing, considering it was a tourney game and he pitched so well.

Archived