Could the O's leave town?

JackO

Could the O's leave town.

If there is a baseball god, they will.

"Baseball god" (singular) is so Judeo-Christian-Islamic. There is no "baseball god". Western religions all agree that there's just one God, not a range of special-purpose gods, and then we kill each other arguing about who's side He's on. In baseball, it's the "baseball gods" (plural). Everybody knows that. The pluralism pulls from both the Western pagan tradition that was absorbed into Christianity and a range of Eastern religions. America is where West meets East, and we invented baseball, nobody else could have. I mean a sport that has things like stolen bases, yakkers, grand salami's, and friggin' balks... seriously, nobody else could think of that. Baseball's vague, fuzzy polytheism is why Asians are more into it than are Europeans and their silly soccer. Now, if we still had pagan Vikings around, they'd probably make helluva ballplayers, but we don't... unless maybe they're isolated up in the Norse mountains somewhere. Maybe that's where we should send some scouts...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry if I've offended anybody with these comments, but I just call it like I see it.

Frankly the passion and information you folks have shared in your response gives me hope that the fanbase is just dormant right now and hasn't left all together. And I am an outsider, I never claimed any different as those who live in and around Baltimore see the Orioles influence more than I do obviously.

But I tell you, you wouldn't know the support of the city as a visitor walking around Baltimore before an Orioles game these past few years.

That's the point. You don't see anything because you don't live in Baltimore.

Ummm. I was at opening day. It might have been a good time. But the stadium was barely more than two thirds full. If that. FOR THE FRIGGIN HOME OPENER. WHEN THERE STILL WAS HOPE AND EVEN PROMISE AND REAL HONEST TO GOD OPTIMISM!!!!

You are crazy, it was the largest home-opener ever. Did you see the amount of people downtown?

Ummm. I was at opening day. It might have been a good time. But the stadium was barely more than two thirds full. If that. FOR THE FRIGGIN HOME OPENER. WHEN THERE STILL WAS HOPE AND EVEN PROMISE AND REAL HONEST TO GOD OPTIMISM!!!!

48,891 attendance says otherwise... comapred to The Rays home opener of 36,973.

Archived