Pie in the Face?

Dipper9

...And Juan Samuel had a good time with it. It wasn't anywhere close to 'disrespectful'. The whole thing happened about a foot away from me.

Samuel admitted on Friday that there was a bit of awkwardness, that he considered Dave Trembley a personal friend, and I'm sure that may have led to some awkward feelings between Samuel and the guys who were open Trembley supporters.

Maybe in addition to everything else I mentioned in this thread, it was kind of an ice breaker? A way for the players to let Samuel know they've got his back? They're warm to the idea of him as manager?

Maybe so but you got to ask yourself, would they have done it and/or would they do it if a new (proven) major league manager is brought in and gets their first win - say for example somebody like Bobby Valentine?

I do appreciate the fact it was done "off camera" and that does make a big difference I agree.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe so but you got to ask yourself, would they have done it and/or would they do it if a new (proven) major league manager is brought in and gets their first win - say for example somebody like Bobby Valentine?

I do appreciate the fact it was done "off camera" and that does make a big difference I agree.

But it was Samuel's FIRST MAJOR LEAGUE win.

I think Bobby V got his first win a long time ago.... You do realize, they mean his first win ever as a MLB manager, right?

I think Bobby V got his first win a long time ago.... You do realize, they mean his first win ever as a MLB manager, right?

Yeah. Did they do it to Trembley though? (Anybody know?) If so, then at least you can say they were consistent.

Jeebus H. Crust... they win one in extra innings from BOS... and people will find something to complain about... if it's not something during the game, then it's something after the game, but it's always something...

Jeebus H. Crust... they win one in extra innings from BOS... and people will find something to complain about... if it's not something during the game, then it's something after the game, but it's always something...

With all due respect Shack, when you are 25 games under water 2 months into the season, the Orioles have given us PLENTY to gripe about. We need not look far! :laughlol:

With all due respect Shack, when you are 25 games under water 2 months into the season, the Orioles have given us PLENTY to gripe about. We need not look far! :laughlol:

So why gripe about an untelevised missed pie in the face attempt on a manager who had just won his first Major League game and who was clearly okay with it?

So why gripe about an untelevised missed pie in the face attempt on a manager who had just won his first Major League game and who was clearly okay with it?

Once Scottie filled us in on the "behind the scenes" stuff, I stopped griping. But to answer your question, when a team celebrates winning one game when you are 25 games under .500, it seems kinda silly to me.

Once Scottie filled us in on the "behind the scenes" stuff, I stopped griping. But to answer your question, when a team celebrates winning one game when you are 25 games under .500, it seems kinda silly to me.

Your FACE is kinda silly. :)

Great entertainment guys! I just rated this thread 5 stars - it has all the components of what we all love to h8 - double birders sparring, OF5 agreeing, Frobby agreeing to disagree, Scawtie B poo pooing, SJ "subtly" proselytizing, bobmc gettin' snarky, etc. :eektf:

Yeah. Did they do it to Trembley though? (Anybody know?) If so, then at least you can say they were consistent.

It's a different team! I take it as more of an individual achievement than a team thing. I really don't care. I am sure it was a great day for Samuel. It is certainly something to write home about. Goodness gracious. I mean it was his first MLB win. That is a big thing. I don't particularly care for Samuel, but I cannot and won't begrudge him this moment in his life. Rest assured, it is a big one. A little celebration is warranted.

OK, let me try to get into the proper spirit of things around here...

[pause... breath deep... stare reflectively into space... pause...]

OK, Dip****, let's take your two birds and my two birds and put them in the cage and see who's birds are left standing! Are you ready to rumble!?!?

(How's that? ;-)

Archived