Pie in the Face?

Dipper9

Arrieta: "I've been waiting for that for a long time." I'm fine with giving the rookies the pie in the face treatment, I like the camaraderie it builds. I just didn't think the manager should be getting one.

Its all fun and games until Jones sprains an ankle when he jumps down the clubhosue steps!

I am not against havign fun, but this is a tired act and it is gonna eventually end up with someone getting hurt. If you think I am overreacting, ask the Angels about their First Baseman breaking his leg because he couldn't make it to home plate through the 25 men jumping up and down!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its all fun and games until Jones sprains an ankle when he jumps down the clubhosue steps!

I am not against havign fun, but this is a tired act and it is gonna eventually end up with someone getting hurt. If you think I am overreacting, ask the Angels about their First Baseman breaking his leg because he couldn't make it to home plate through the 25 men jumping up and down!

Come on Dip that's some weak sauce right there. How many times has a guy gotten hurt while throwing a pie at someones face?

Arrieta: "I've been waiting for that for a long time." I'm fine with giving the rookies the pie in the face treatment, I like the camaraderie it builds. I just didn't think the manager should be getting one.

It was a moment of levity during a terribly depressing season and a huge moment in the life of Juan Samuel and it was intentionally off camera. I still don't understand the reason why people are against what happened given the circumstances. But if you weren't convinced by Scottie's posts in this thread then there is no need for me to continue the discussion.

Dipper, c'mon, if your concern is limiting what players can and cannot do for their own safety drawing the line this low is ludicrous. What does it take to pie somebody? You walk stealthily behind someone, that's it. It's amazing what people will attempt to defend once they've committed themselves to one side of an argument!

I'm going to start calling you D-Trea. I kid, I kid. :D

Come on Dip that's some weak sauce right there. How many times has a guy gotten hurt while throwing a pie at someones face?
It was a moment of levity during a terribly depressing season and a huge moment in the life of Juan Samuel and it was intentionally off camera. I still don't understand the reason why people are against what happened given the circumstances. But if you weren't convinced by Scottie's posts in this thread then there is no need for me to continue the discussion.

Dipper, c'mon, if your concern is limiting what players can and cannot do for their own safety drawing the line this low is ludicrous. What does it take to pie somebody? You walk stealthily behind someone, that's it. It's amazing what people will attempt to defend once they've committed themselves to one side of an argument!

I'm going to start calling you D-Trea. I kid, I kid. :D

Sorry fellas. I am a Safety Engineer, so my job makes me look out for this dumb sh....um...highly risky behaviors! When I saw Jones jump down the stairs after pieing Arrieta last night, my first thought was "please don't land on that bottom step!" I know it would be a freaky thing, but the way things have gone for this team, freaky stuff happens all the time. I'll just say I think the pies in the face, for ALL teams, has become a tired act. That said, Arrieta specifically mentioned he's been waiting 3 years for one of them, so if it makes the players happy, who am I to criticize!

I didn't see this happen, but on the ESPN board someone is ranting about Jones giving Samuel a pie in the face after yesterday's win. I have to say I agree with the rant. Yes, I understand it was Samuel's first major league win, but lets act like a big league club, shall we? We are STILL 24 games under .500 just two months into the season. We are an embarrassment on the field. The Kansas City's of the MLB look at US as a break in the schedule. This team can win EVERY game for the next THREE weeks and STILL be under .500. And yet after every win we feel the need to pie someone in the face? Its just ridiculous and it needs to stop.

No harm in having a Gillette moment. Just as long as Jones knows that if he makes mistakes or goes in to slumps he will sit with his shaving cream on the bench

Sorry fellas. I am a Safety Engineer, so my job makes me look out for this dumb sh....um...highly risky behaviors! When I saw Jones jump down the stairs after pieing Arrieta last night, my first thought was "please don't land on that bottom step!" I know it would be a freaky thing, but the way things have gone for this team, freaky stuff happens all the time. I'll just say I think the pies in the face, for ALL teams, has become a tired act. That said, Arrieta specifically mentioned he's been waiting 3 years for one of them, so if it makes the players happy, who am I to criticize!

Well, let's be fair...standing 60',6" away from a guy chucking a hard spherical object in your general direction isn't exactly a low risk behavior. Neither is standing 60',6" away from a guy with a club trying to hit the ball you just threw as hard as he can.

Just you wait. The next time someone dies of pie-related suffocation, you'll remember that you heard it here first.

Archived