The O's Likely Will Take Machado.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The think with Machado is that I hope the Orioles don't mess around with Boras and just get the guy signed and into the system.

You know if you take him he's going to be demanding $7-9 million, so give it to him and get him playing ball this year.

The longer the negotations draw out, the slower he'll go through your minor league ranks and won't be able to help your club.

It shouldn't have to take until mid-August to sign him if you know what you are in for.

That just never seems to happen with Boras. It's just not the way he does business. You can't throw away millions of dollars to get the guy 2 months of short-season ball.

Are the AROD/ Jeter comparisons legit? So I have heard leading up to tonights draft.

I liked what I saw and what I'm hearing and reading, but I'm not a scout.

The fact that he was mentioned right along with Harper in the highlights for Team USA and did well there, makes me think he'll be the right pick.

I just wouldn't expect him in Baltimore until 2014.

This isn't necessarily shocking or even new news, but the word is that Pittsburgh is -very likely- going to take Taillon, and the O's are drafting Miami prep SS Manny Machado.

Most industry sources concur that it would be a great pick. I am in that group.

Thoughts?

that's how it shook out.

Are the AROD/ Jeter comparisons legit? So I have heard leading up to tonights draft.

No, they aren't. The AROD stuff started because he's from the DR and grew up in Miami, physically and style wise he's not much like him at all. I don't see Jeter either, not as athletic.

Archived