Now that we have a better idea...

The O's usually go with someone that's not on the radar of anyone on this site in the 2nd/3rd round. Not that they're not qualified...just that they're usually not projected by people on this site to go where we pick them.

That was a long way of saying that I bet we fall into the 'other' category.

A few college bats to consider

Todd Cunningham OF, Jacksonville State

Mel Rojas Jr. OF, Wabash Valley CC

Rob Segedin 3B, Tulane

Jedd Gyorko - SS West Virginia (projects to 2B)Tyler Holt - OF Florida State

Austin Wates -OF Virginia Tech

Hunter Morris -1B Auburn (Likely long gone)

Cunningham, Morris and even Gyorko could fit nicely. Don't hold your breath on Morris though.

I know little about the draft, but this is a name I've been hoping we had a shot at. I figured he'd be a 2nd rounder, but if he lasts to the 3rd I'd definitely ber glad to pick him.

I just hope we don't get a "raw toolsy" player that we seem to go for all the time. I hope we get someone a little more polished.

I know little about the draft, but this is a name I've been hoping we had a shot at. I figured he'd be a 2nd rounder, but if he lasts to the 3rd I'd definitely ber glad to pick him.

I just hope we don't get a "raw toolsy" player that we seem to go for all the time. I hope we get someone a little more polished.

With the news that BRob is not looking so good, IMO this would be a tremendous pick. How sweet would it be to come away from the draft with 2 very good middle infield prospects fresh into the system.

The Orioles first pick today will be the third selection in the third round, the 85th pick overall. Jordan has said he would prefer a college hitter with that selection unless a player the Orioles had rated high on their draft board falls and is available with that pick.

http://masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2010/06/jordan-expects-some-over-slot-signings.html

With the news that BRob is not looking so good, IMO this would be a tremendous pick. How sweet would it be to come away from the draft with 2 very good middle infield prospects fresh into the system.

Agreed, after seeing a few top players remaining lists I don't see him making the drop unfortunately. We have some intriging arms, I'd like to see another high pick SS (most likely projected as a 2B).

Archived