Trent Mummey- 4th Round - OF- Auburn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a note on Mummey from the Baseball Beginnings website--there's also video of him there:

http://baseballbeginnings.com/2010/05/29/trent-mummey-video/

Trent Mummey is seen here in extra work on the Cape with the old school baseball socks. He’s a grinder, a left-handed hitter with slightly above-average speed. He won’t wow you on tools but college outfielders who can run a little and put the ball in play and just grind tend to find a way to hang around the game. Some of these players become fourth outfielders and excellent bench players on the major league level. Mummey could follow that path.

It would be nice to have a legit CF actually playing CF. Let's pray this guy's glove has it's own gravitational pull.

Give me a break. You two are seriously wondering if a guy chosen in the 4th round of the draft has a chance to replace AJ? That is not how the MLB draft works. You take the best player available and see what sticks come AA and AAA ball, especially in the later rounds.

Give me a break. You two are seriously wondering if a guy chosen in the 4th round of the draft has a chance to replace AJ? That is not how the MLB draft works. You take the best player available and see what sticks come AA and AAA ball, especially in the later rounds.

I know how the draft works. Also I recognize it often takes 5 years to bear fruit. That said, I am not an Adam Jones fan and like the idea of the team trying to find players at positions of need. I'm not real familiar with Trent Mummey, but I do like this pick better than Danial Klein.

Archived