"Adam Jones came to me" Jim Palmer interview w/Rob Long

ScottieBaseball

OMG, just shut up already.

How about your personal conversations with him? WTF do you know?r

Just stop crying.

Its an opinion based off of what I see and what we have heard from several people, including Tony.

If you don't like it, fine...But christ, shut up about it. That argument is so damn stupid. You don't know him either. So, take that argument and shove it because it is stupid. Its the same tired argument that you have over and over again and you choose to not apply it to yourself.

It's always nice to see you talking baseball.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care that people think I am wrong.

But if your argument is that i don't know him and how thinks, it is just a piss poor argument..BECAUSE YOU DON'T either. What kind of argument is that? Other than a terrible one.

So, if you actually want to discuss it, come to the table with some kind of substance other than your pollyanna, everything is great bs attitude.

Do you not understand that when you make an argument that the onus is on you to prove it? It's not the responsibility of Mackus, Silent James, VTmook, Frobby, El Gordo, etc to explain why you're full of it. They're not the one's making the argument.

But if your argument is that i don't know him and how thinks, it is just a piss poor argument..BECAUSE YOU DON'T either. What kind of argument is that? Other than a terrible one.

So, if you actually want to discuss it, come to the table with some kind of substance other than your pollyanna, everything is great bs attitude.

Since you don't care what other people think, or what their opinions are, why don't you just post your pronouncements and leave. Why do you stick around in threads, and get into pissng contests with people.:confused::scratchchinhmm:

(deleted)

Nevermind

Does not have the same effect as the massive picture you had up before. :(

I thought some might be annoyed by the enormity of that one (actually I went through two pictures that were too large before this one).

The problem is, there is no substance in this discussion.

There are things misconstrued as evidence, such as his twittering and bubble-blowing, but those don't really mean anything in terms of his ego. They could, or they couldn't.

Jones could be the most intolerable jackass in the world. Or the most humble person this side of Brooks Robinson. Reading his tweets, listening to 10-second sound-bytes, watching him collect awards, and seeing him blow bubbles in no way prove or even support the argument in either direction.

If there were some quotes from people in constant contact with him (coaches, teammates, mentors, himself) that were saying that the success got to his head or anything like that, that would be something. But there aren't. Things coming from reporters, even Tony, really don't mean much. Things coming from Dave Johnson and other radio people mean even less. Hangout posters interpretations of Jones' bubble-blowing as showboating mean absolutely zero.

This is true, it's not hard cold fact. But I don't see what's wrong with conjecture. The bottom line is, what SG suggests is one possibility. It isn't set in stone, it isn't FACT, per se, but it's an opinion he's formed based off of his observations. It's really irritating when people get defensive about this kind of stuff, but at the same time it's not fair to aimlessly spit venom towards peoples character. I think clearly these sorts of things, unless you know for sure, need to be prefaced with a "IMO". And yes, I realize that SG isn't the best at taking that approach--that said, it's the same old crew in here quick to people's defense when they themselves don't know any more substantiative information than he does.

This is true, it's not hard cold fact. But I don't see what's wrong with conjecture. The bottom line is, what SG suggests is one possibility. It isn't set in stone, it isn't FACT, per se, but it's an opinion he's formed based off of his observations. It's really irritating when people get defensive about this kind of stuff, but at the same time it's not fair to aimlessly spit venom towards peoples character. I think clearly these sorts of things, unless you know for sure, need to be prefaced with a "IMO". And yes, I realize that SG isn't the best at taking that approach--that said, it's the same old crew in here quick to people's defense when they themselves don't know any more substantiative information than he does.

I've always operated on the principle that aspersions and character criticism need something more than speculation in a vacuum to be worth posting.

I mean, those are thin, thin observations. They're not evidence of anything, to be sure.

Do you not understand that when you make an argument that the onus is on you to prove it? It's not the responsibility of Mackus, Silent James, VTmook, Frobby, El Gordo, etc to explain why you're full of it. They're not the one's making the argument.

But they are making the argument that everything is fine...with no proof.

So, if you are going to cry that I don't have proof and yet you have none yourself, then your argument is poor.

SJ wants it both ways.

OMG, just shut up already.

How about your personal conversations with him? WTF do you know?r

Just stop crying.

Its an opinion based off of what I see and what we have heard from several people, including Tony.

If you don't like it, fine...But christ, shut up about it. That argument is so damn stupid. You don't know him either. So, take that argument and shove it because it is stupid. Its the same tired argument that you have over and over again and you choose to not apply it to yourself.

Instead of getting pissed off, perhaps you should learn how to state your point of view as an opinion instead of a fact. ;)

Archived