Overhyped to the Max!

orioles119

First the kid is featured on MLB Network and people flock to see him.

True he really performs, striking out 14 Pirates.

Now Cooperstown comes calling and wants stuff from the game? For what? Do they have stuff from this game that featured a fresh J.R. Richard blowing away 15 Giants in his big league debut?

And now Letterman...

Gee Stephen, don't let the hype get to your head. Or better yet, let it so the Indians can beat the snot out of you on Sunday.

/envy /jealousy /green-eyed monster

Anyone who has seen the kid throw knows it's not just hype. Only health stands between Strasburg and a date with Cooperstown.

You could have said that about J.R. Richard too after 15 K's in his first start.

Same thing was said about Kerry Wood too about 20 K's.

We shall see...

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. He's the #1 pitching prospect of all time. Ben McDonald and Mark Prior might have been close...Brien Taylor might have had a lot of hype but sadly never made it.

Strasburg absolutely killed it the other night, it was a dominant performance...14k's and ZERO WALKS.

He's good for baseball...Nothing wrong with the exposure he's getting. I'm as jealous as anyone else but the other night I couldn't help but marvel at how great he was.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. He's the #1 pitching prospect of all time. Ben McDonald and Mark Prior might have been close...Brien Taylor might have had a lot of hype but sadly never made it.

Strasburg absolutely killed it the other night, it was a dominant performance...14k's and ZERO WALKS.

He's good for baseball...Nothing wrong with the exposure he's getting. I'm as jealous as anyone else but the other night I couldn't help but marvel at how great he was.

Agreed. Hes well worth the hype.

You could have said that about J.R. Richard too after 15 K's in his first start.

Same thing was said about Kerry Wood too about 20 K's.

We shall see...

Which is exactly the point. Those two guys were derailed by injury. Wood had 3 serious arm injuries and Richard had a stroke. Strasburg seems like a nice kid. I wish him the best.

Its good to know theres a young player thats actually living up to the hype, and he's on a decent team and only a train ride a way from baltimore...just saying..........

The Nats KNOW WHO to hype up, and how to do it.

What better way to hype a guy then to have him pitch against bad hitting teams like the pirates and indians... they brought him up at a great time in their schedule...

Strasburg watch 6/18: I believe he may be done for the night. He's losing 1-0. He's been amazing. The run was scored after Pierre led off with an infield single and then Vizquel had a 2B that maybe went 200 feet. A ground out scored Pierre, and then he was better than advertised. 10 Ks, 0 BBs, 4 Hits, less than 90 pitches. Maybe he comes out for the eighth.

So, Nyjer Morgan just swung on strike three, the ball hits the ground first then hits Morgan. The ball gets by the catcher and Morgan goes all the way to second. But he's called out because the ball hit him?

Or better....

He has 32k in 19.1 ip. 5 walks. 10 hits. WHIP .78. 4 ER

Sure its early, but WOW

He gave up four flukey hits tonight. He minimized the damage in the first after having guys on 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs. He actually should have been out of there with no runs. Rios should have been called out on strikes before grounding out.

This guy is amazing to watch. A true pleasure. I actually think it's better watching him on TV than in person (which I have yet to be fortunate enough to do) because it's much easier to see the insane movement on his pitches with the close-up camera and the slow-mo replays. Perhaps the league will start to adjust, but he makes hitters look foolish on a routine basis.

The hype is kind of annoying: I can't turn on the car radio on days he pitches at home because every traffic and weather report is somehow tied in to him. "Traffic for all of you heading downtown to see Strasburg. . ." "Weather tonight for Strasburg's start. . ." etc. etc. But it's not over-hype based on what I've seen, because he's lived up to all of it.

This guy is amazing to watch. A true pleasure. I actually think it's better watching him on TV than in person (which I have yet to be fortunate enough to do) because it's much easier to see the insane movement on his pitches with the close-up camera and the slow-mo replays. Perhaps the league will start to adjust, but he makes hitters look foolish on a routine basis.

The hype is kind of annoying: I can't turn on the car radio on days he pitches at home because every traffic and weather report is somehow tied in to him. "Traffic for all of you heading downtown to see Strasburg. . ." "Weather tonight for Strasburg's start. . ." etc. etc. But it's not over-hype based on what I've seen, because he's lived up to all of it.

Well, it is obviously true. They sure aren't going to see the Natinals.

Archived