Orioles' 2010 Draftees Signing Tracker (updated 8/12)

So is catcher his permanent position or can he move to 3B or 1B?

He is a catcher right now, but if he doesn't continue to improve behind the plate he may be athletic enough for 3B or OF...

So nothing new? This is pathetic that 1 out of the top 12 is signed.

Just be patient.....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's starting to get past the point of "just be patient". They were "close" on Gonzalez two weeks ago, so maybe he (and maybe some others) have agreed as well and it just hasn't been announced.

Here is the comparison of signings between the AL East teams:

Baltimore: 1/10. 4th rounder Trent Mummey

Boston: 4/12. 1st rounder Kolbrin Vitek, Comp Pick. Bryce Bentz, 5th rounder Henry Ramos, 10th rounder Jacob Dahlstrand

New York: 2/10. 1st rounder Cito Culver and 8th rounder Kyle roller

Tampa: 5/13. 1st rounder Justin O'Connor (their second 1st rounder), Both 2nd rounders Jacob Thomson and Derek Diertrich, 3rd rounder Ryan Brett, and 8th rounder Kenneth Kelly.

Toronto: 5/16. Comp A selections Aaron Sanchez, Noah Snydergaard, Asher Wojciechowski, 3rd rounder Christopher Hawkins, and Comp B selection Marcus Knecht.

It's starting to get past the point of "just be patient". They were "close" on Gonzalez two weeks ago, so maybe he (and maybe some others) have agreed as well and it just hasn't been announced.

I didn't realize that it was said we were close on Gonzalez, thats good news...Solid prospect IMO

I'm not too excited about him (his stuff isn't great and he doesn't have much projection left), but he still should be signed ASAP. No reason to drag it out this long.

Also, with this little time left it seems unlikely to say the least that Urban, Esquivel, and Robinson will sign. Which is not a good situation by any means.

I'm not too excited about him (his stuff isn't great and he doesn't have much projection left), but he still should be signed ASAP. No reason to drag it out this long.

Also, with this little time left it seems unlikely to say the least that Urban, Esquivel, and Robinson will sign. Which is not a good situation by any means.

I don't understand your reasoning? Because we don't have enough time to work so many deals at once? I disagree, I keep saying this, search last year's draft and see how many we had signed......

True, but even last year Hobgood, Townsend, and Dalles signed pretty quickly. Why a guy like Bywater hasn't been signed yet I can't understand.

Last year there were reports that there had been negotiations with Coffey, Ohlman, et al. This year there's nothing. It's like people have just stopped caring.

True, but even last year Hobgood, Townsend, and Dalles signed pretty quickly. Why a guy like Bywater hasn't been signed yet I can't understand.

Last year there were reports that there had been negotiations with Coffey, Ohlman, et al. This year there's nothing. It's like people have just stopped caring.

I don't know why Bywater hasn't signed, but he will. I don't think it makes much sense for him to go back into the draft in a year stronger with college pitching. His value is pretty high right now....

It seems to me that last year all of our "overslot" signings did not become official until August and many of them right before the deadline. Does anyone have a list of the dates in which players signed last year? We still have 3 1/2 weeks until the deadline, so IMO it is not time to panic yet.

It seems to me that last year all of our "overslot" signings did not become official until August and many of them right before the deadline. Does anyone have a list of the dates in which players signed last year? We still have 3 1/2 weeks until the deadline, so IMO it is not time to panic yet.

Givens will never sign. We lowballed him by not treating him like Tim Beckham, who Mychal knows he is better than. We spent our money on overslots. Why do we waste picks like this!

Archived