Orioles' 2010 Draftees Signing Tracker (updated 8/12)

Andy Seiler reports in this post he expects a contract with Dixon Anderson to be announced next week.

http://www.mlbbonusbaby.com/2010/7/23/1584447/predictions-for-signings-next-week

Very good, I was hoping for this. I wonder how we will develop him. I would love to see how he can do as a starter, he has the stuff to start, but needs refinement.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be awesome. It sounds like Shcrader could be a pretty good relief prospect for us if the reports on him are accurate. I am guessing we plan to keep him in the pen, though anything is possible....

According to reports, he sounds like one of the top if not the top relief arm coming out of JuCo this year....low to mid 90's fastball, plus slider....

It does seem like the dam has broken a bit on the hold up of signing guys. I wonder if the momentum of getting some of these signings off the plate of Jordan is going to help him step up and get some others done.

It will, he first needs to knock out the "easy" signs which apparently there were less of than he anticipated. But, as he gets through the top 10 guys which are all the players he expects to sign, he can then move on to guys like Robinson, Urban etc. I really don't see Narron not signing. There is a reason JJ picked him when he did, because he expects Narron to sign. Its different than last year with Harris who asked for a lot of money, JJ I don't think was against giving him his asking price, but wanted to see how he'd do during summer ball where he stunk it up and JJ made the decision to back off. Its the later rounders that are more up in the air and are worth being skeptical about signing. I do believe that Urban is probably at the top of JJ's wishlist though as far as later round overslot kids due to the fact that that we have heard some articles and comments released(no link sorry). You don't hear anything about some of the other 20+ rounders like the above mention Robinson or Esquivel....I could be wrong, but this is what I am theorizing....

I'd say Bridwell is the least likely top ten pick to sign, personally.

Because of his football commitment? I somewhat agree with you, but I think he gets done....I hope so atleast. Sounds like a good one to let our lower minor player development(for pitching) work with and see what they can develop with this kid.....

Partially football, yeah. Also because I'm guessing Jordan wasn't super-high on him but thought he was projectable and would sign easily. If he hasn't been easy to sign I could see Jordan just giving up (and hopefully using the money to sign Urban).

Partially football, yeah. Also because I'm guessing Jordan wasn't super-high on him but thought he was projectable and would sign easily. If he hasn't been easy to sign I could see Jordan just giving up (and hopefully using the money to sign Urban).

Nah, I doubt he thought Bridwell would be an easy sign being a football commit. I think he gets done, he is projectable but also has a better FB than our other recent "projectable" HS arms like Beal and Wirsch. IMO its Bywater he was expecting to get done pretty quickly which hasn't happened and I wouldn't mind seeing that money devoted to Urban....

I think he was expecting Bywater, Bridwell, and Klein to be done sooner than they are. Bridwell's a two-star QB, it's not like he's David Blanchard and football is his best shot. Plus Bridwell's secondaries are reportedly not good whereas Wirsch had the nice change and Beal's FB sinks well.

I've always assumed a deal with Bridwell would get done. Reports had the parties outlining the parameters of a deal pre-draft.

He said he felt the Orioles would be the team that selected him.

“There were a couple of teams that told me they were going to draft me,” Bridwell said. “The Orioles were the ones that seemed the most interested. I kind of had a feeling it would be them.”

Bridwell’s father, Keith, said late Tuesday night that a deal was still being negotiated with the Orioles.

“We made a preliminary deal before the draft,” Keith said. “We’ve got to make sure it’s good since it happened. They (the Orioles organization) called and congratulated us on being an Oriole. They said they’d be getting back to us later.”

Should he sign with the Orioles, Parker Bridwell would forego a full scholarship to pitch for Texas Tech. However, since he had not signed as of press time that scholarship is still in effect.

http://www.herefordbrand.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1284&cntnt01origid=15&cntnt01returnid=26

Jordan from oriolesprospects.com just twittered earlier that we are about to make a "big" draft signing and he is gonna head straight to the GCL which basically means he is a HSer. I was originally thinking it would be Narron, but after briefly talking to Narron last night on Facebook, I am not so sure its him. Its gotta be one of him, Urban or Bridwell.....

Archived