When (If EVER) Will The Orioles Get a Hitter Like This?

Old#5fan

Your question was...when have we ever had a hitter like this...and one of your examples was Young...Markakis is better than him..Your comparison is wrong and totally uninformed.

Vlad was who I was taling about as he was listed first. Perhaps I wasn't clear but my point is that this team needs to have a hitter better than Markakis. Texas has one that is better than Young who happens to be a hell of a hitter in his own right and ahead of Markakis in hitting this season. So Texas has two top hitters ahead of our one and Vlad is ahead by a WIDE MARGIN. That is my point and if you cannot understand that you need to wake up and realize how bad this offense is in comparison to other teams like Texas for example. This wasn't a Markakis bash but an Andy MacPhail bash for not getting Vlad when he had a chance.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vlad was who I was taling about as he was listed first. Perhaps I wasn't clear but my point is that this team needs to have a hitter better than Markakis. Texas has one that is better than Young who happens to be a hell of a hitter in his own right and ahead of Markakis in hitting this season. So Texas has two top hitters ahead of our one and Vlad is ahead by a WIDE MARGIN. That is my point and if you cannot understand that you need to wake up and realize how bad this offense is in comparison to other teams like Texas for example.

Texas has several hitters better than Young.

Please stop..you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

So, Vlad is better than Nick? Well, looking at career numbers... duh. Who disputes that? Vlad is a potential Hall of Famer. Nick is better than Michael Young though, especially in your all important "clutch" moments.

So, Vlad is better than Nick? Well, looking at career numbers... duh. Who disputes that? Vlad is a potential Hall of Famer. Nick is better than Michael Young though, especially in your all important "clutch" moments.

Sorry I will take Young any day. He's even had clutch winning hits in Allstar games, which BTW, if Markakis is so great how come he has appeared in ZERO All-star games so far? Just because he is the best hitter on the Orioles doesn't mean he's better than true all-star players who have not only played in multiple All-star games have had game winning hits. Get back to me whenever Markakis even shows up on the field in an All-star game much less does something noteworthy. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!:laughlol:

Nice try at defending MacPhail, but we could have had Wiggy at second base and Scott at first with Vlad as the DH. That lineup might have scored some runs instead of the worst lineup in the majors that we are stuck with right now.:mad:

I was in favor of signing Vlad as a get me over to a long term solution, but I wanted them to move Scott to do it. As the roster stood it really made no sense at the time.

If they thought Scott could play 1b, wouldn't he be there a little more often this year? So far he has taen a back sea to Atkins, Hughes, and Wigs and dreams that he would evolve into a decent option there seem to be just that: dreams. Brian Roberts, not Ty Wigginton, was the slated 2b in case you forgot -and before you say he was injured, he played in spring and supposidly was going to be 100 percent for the start of the season, remember?

By the time it appeared Roberts would not be ready, it was almost April. Vlad was already signed and we were left with Lugie.

Sorry I will take Young any day. He's even had clutch winning hits in Allstar games, which BTW, if Markakis is so great how come he has appeared in ZERO All-star games so far? Just because he is the best hitter on the Orioles doesn't mean he's better than true all-star players who have not only played in multiple All-star games have had game winning hits. Get back to me whenever Markakis even shows up on the field in an All-star game much less does something noteworthy. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!:laughlol:

It's good the extent of your influence is trolling some overly excitable (and also honestly emotionally invested) but good people on a message board, because that is just TERRIBLE. Inexcusable. Young is a worse clutch hitter and you would take him in clutch situations just because you're...what? Too stubborn to admit when you're catastrophically mistaken?

Young's stats are not something a computer made up to annoy you. They are a record of what he really did. And what he really did was to be BAD in clutch situations. He let his team down. He choked. He was a very bad hitter when it counted most. And you prefer him to Markakis, because you are spiteful. That's terrible and you should honestly be ashamed to continuously post this tripe.

So one clutch hit in the All Star game is worth more to you than a season's worth of stats proving otherwise? I personally don't care either way who hits better in the clutch, Markakis plays for us and Young plays for the Rangers, we had no chance to sign him. Why even bring him up other than to take shots at Markakis? I'll get back to you in a month when Nick is our only All Star.

So one clutch hit in the All Star game is worth more to you than a season's worth of stats proving otherwise? I personally don't care either way who hits better in the clutch, Markakis plays for us and Young plays for the Rangers, we had no chance to sign him. Why even bring him up other than to take shots at Markakis? I'll get back to you in a month when Nick is our only All Star.

The point I was making is the Orioles could have had Vlad and most teams that are competitive have better top hitters than Markakis. He's not the top hitter on a good team.

:laughlol:

It's good the extent of your influence is trolling some overly excitable (and also honestly emotionally invested) but good people on a message board, because that is just TERRIBLE. Inexcusable. Young is a worse clutch hitter and you would take him in clutch situations just because you're...what? Too stubborn to admit when you're catastrophically mistaken?

Young's stats are not something a computer made up to annoy you. They are a record of what he really did. And what he really did was to be BAD in clutch situations. He let his team down. He choked. He was a very bad hitter when it counted most. And you prefer him to Markakis, because you are spiteful. That's terrible and you should honestly be ashamed to continuously post this tripe.

Right, he (Young) is so bad that is why he's made multiple All Star Appearances while your overated Markakis has made uh, what ,, uhhh ZERO??? I believe????:confused::scratchchinhmm::rolleyes: Go back and watch some of the AS games and I guarantee you will see Young and he has had some very big hits. I guess Markakis was home watching on tv, eh because he's so much better. Laughable. You woudn't know a great hitter if you saw one.

Right, he (Young) is so bad that is why he's made multiple All Star Appearances while your overated Markakis has made uh, what ,, uhhh ZERO??? I believe????:confused::scratchchinhmm::rolleyes: Go back and watch some of the AS games and I guarantee you will see Young and he has had some very big hits. I guess Markakis was home watching on tv, eh because he's so much better. Laughable. You woudn't know a great hitter if you saw one.

Michael Young is a good player, and has made some deserved All-Star appearances.

Michael Young has terrible clutch stats.

Explain this to me?

If you watched every one of Young's plate appearances, and recorded what he did in every clutch situation, first of all, you'd be looking at statistics. Yikes! Second of all, you'd be very disappointed with him.

Maybe you should watch more games and get out of your mother's basement. Am I right!?

Honest question, why do you hate Nick Markakis?

Archived