Clemens, Big Stein Think Game Should Have Been Delayed During Bug Infestation

ledzepp8

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10394174

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10392628

Am I the only one who is tired of hearing about this? They didn't seem to mind benefiting from their torrential downpour aided rally against the O's earlier in the season. I didn't hear any Yankees complaining that that game should have been suspended earlier, especially considering conditions were much worse. God, everyday I hate the Yankees and their players more and more. Me thinks it's sour grapes because they are about to exit the playoffs in the first round for the third straight season.

Oh yeah and this just in, Big Stein says Torre's job is in jeopardy...AGAIN!!! I'm sure by now Torre is like just fire me already and cool it with the charade.

I liked George's comment about Froemming not umpiring any more MFY games.

" "He won't umpire our games anymore," Steinbrenner said. "

Uh, I think there is at least one more game to be played "King" George and to my knowledge Froemming and "friends" will be there.

Uh, I think there is at least one more game to be played "King" George and to my knowledge Froemming and "friends" will be there.

That was the kicker for me. What a blowhard.

What kind of idiot puts that kind of ultimatum (Torre) on his team down in the playoffs?

Steinbrenner has zero control over who umpires his team's games.

Do you think George realizes that Froemming is about to retire?

They even had a ceremony for him at Yankee Stadium before an O's game in August.

Do you think George realizes that Froemming is about to retire?

They even had a ceremony for him at Yankee Stadium before an O's game in August.

Yeah, I think George realizes that but I think it was his arrogance talking more than anything else when he made the comment in the article.

To orioles119: .....I know that George has no control over the umpires but somebody had better tell him that.....

I sent an email to mike and mike this morning about how the Yanks didn't complain during the downpour game here...Here is the response i got from Bob "Yankee fan" Picozzi:

Hi, Rob.

Thanks for your email.

First of all…don’t you think there is a difference between the magnitude of a game in June and an ALDS game in October?

Secondly, besides Steinbrenner, who complained? Torre was asked if he felt Chamberlain was bothered by the bugs? What was Torre suppose to say. Lie and say “no.” Did Chamberlain look as focused to you in the 8th inning (with the bugs) as he did in the 7th (no bugs)?

Both teams had to play under the same conditions. But to suggest that Chamberlain was not bothered by them would be a little silly, don’t you think? I don’t think answering a question by saying “yes, I think he was bothered by them” is complaining. It’s just honestly answering a question.

Bob Picozzi

Archived