A's Acquire Conor Jackson... Where were we?

Greg Pappas

He hasn't been hurt this year, I don't think. And injuries are often the start to being done.

He's had hamstring problems this season. And any bad season can be the start to being done, but injuries are something that can be overcome fully, unlike a straight-up fall in true talent.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wigginton is hitting .209/.314/.209 in the month of June (ISO-P of 0!!!) and is quickly regressing to the ~.780 OPS guy he's been in his career. He had an outstanding April and a very good May. That doesn't mean he's a good choice at 1B in the second half.

The Orioles need to be shopping Wigginton to anyone who thinks he's a solid bat before he comes crashing all the way down.

Great but what does Conor Jackson do? He hit 15 homers one year in his prime. If MacPhail had him starting at first next year he would be killed. We better better players not someone else's garbage.

If Wiggy gets dealt than who starts at first next year is the issue not who starts the last 60 games this year. Michael Aubrey or Jackson is a draw, neither one is starting here next year.

He's had hamstring problems this season. And any bad season can be the start to being done, but injuries are something that can be overcome fully, unlike a straight-up fall in true talent.

That's true, and like I said I would have done a deal. I just don't think it would make any real difference, especially since it is still the same basic rationale for Atkins, so I don't find it to be the end of the world.

That's true, and like I said I would have done a deal. I just don't think it would make any real difference, especially since it is still the same basic rationale for Atkins, so I don't find it to be the end of the world.

We basically agree on this. I just think Atkins was a thoughtless, poor signing that shook my faith in the FO's decision-making process. But no need to rehash all that.

Because we should be looking at moves that improve the team, not just for the sake of making move.

I dont believe in making moves just to make them, either. I'm talking about giving up on a failed project, or process.

I currently live in a city, where the GM makes lots of moves. Some work, some don't. Most are low cost moves. If they work great, if they don't no biggie. Those are the moves I'm talking about.

i don't think anyone believes that Jackson would turn us into contenders. He would however be an improvement over Atkins. If you make enough small improvements, THAT is what could change us into contenders.

Doing nothing doesn't exactly seem to be working for us.

I dont believe in making moves just to make them, either. I'm talking about giving up on a failed project, or process.

I currently live in a city, where the GM makes lots of moves. Some work, some don't. Most are low cost moves. If they work great, if they don't no biggie. Those are the moves I'm talking about.

i don't think anyone believes that Jackson would turn us into contenders. He would however be an improvement over Atkins. If you make enough small improvements, THAT is what could change us into contenders.

Doing nothing doesn't exactly seem to be working for us.

Going from a .570 OPS to a .670 OPS means nothing.

We need to bring in players that will actually help and not bring in projects unless there's a really good reason. Those are moves that matter, and are why moves like Jackson are simply for the sake of making moves.

Going from a .570 OPS to a .670 OPS means nothing.

We need to bring in players that will actually help and not bring in projects unless there's a really good reason. Those are moves that matter, and are why moves like Jackson are simply for the sake of making moves.

Like I said, I don't think Jackson would drastically change the O's fortunes. However he is better then what we have, and as a former 1st round pick he seems to have much more upside then Atkins.

We can just agree to disagree I suppose.

Like I said, I don't think Jackson would drastically change the O's fortunes. However he is better then what we have, and as a former 1st round pick he seems to have much more upside then Atkins.

Your other reasons were better. If that mattered at all, we should try to get Matt Bush to play shortstop.

And again, better than what we have means nothing until you reach a certain point. And I don't see why Jackson would be that point.

It's all about the young players we already have playing up to their talent. We could get Adrian Gonzalez and nothing else would still matter.

I think the idea is to replace Atkins with someone likely to do better.:laughlol:

:laughlol: A 28-year old player who is coming off of an injury and a lost season due to Valley Fever is hitting nearly 100 points higher than your boy Atkins. Isn't that better? :laughlol::rofl:

:laughlol: A 28-year old player who is coming off of an injury and a lost season due to Valley Fever is hitting nearly 100 points higher than your boy Atkins. Isn't that better? :laughlol::rofl:

Not significantly no. A .657 OPS? :rofl: I'd rather see them go after someone like Kila. Or just bring Reimold back up, he can do that well, and he's 26.:rolleyestf:

Not significantly no. A .657 OPS? :rofl: I'd rather see them go after someone like Kila. Or just bring Reimold back up, he can do that well, and he's 26.:rolleyestf:

Gordo... we were comparing him to Atkins... do you agree that Jackson would be an upgrade over Atkins? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Archived