I thought this deserved its own thread...

NewMarketSean

Tony, if you think otherwise, please lock, delete or merge this however you see fit. And I didn't do this to try to get you to open up more or anything like that. I think everyone respects you and the situation you're in when commenting on the club.

That said, Tony said this in the "And this is why Samuel isn't the answer" thread:

The sad part is, most people only know the half of it but this organization is in a lot of trouble.

When asked to elaborate, Tony said:

Part of it is figuring out a way to protect the sources. I would never, ever risk a person losing their job over something they told me. Saying that, there is not a lot of good news to tell throughout the entire organization. Most of things I've heard of late is very, very depressing and until I figured out a way to put all of this together, you'll have to be content with some nuggets here and there.

So what do you think these depressing things are? Especially if these are things that fans wouldn't know about?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He also hinted that maybe the draft wasn't that great either.

I am guessing that it is a lot of the stuff we are talking about..no leadership, no structure, poor attitudes, etc....

Its okay though, because after our next win somebody will get "pied" by Adam Jones and the world will be right again! :rolleyes:

I wonder just how much lower this team can sink?

I think some in the organization want MacPhail to move a little faster. Manager and player movement.

That is probably true, but that is the organization's own fault. Whether you are a fan of MacPhail or not (and I happen to like him) he does not exactly move quickly. We knew that when he was hired. And the overall funk this team has been in for over a decade is unlikely to be cured quickly anyways. I did not think it was going to get any worse though...but it certainly has.

And as far as the manager thing goes, I really think we have to be careful here, so I hope Andy is not getting too much internal pressure about that yet.

We do not have many positives right now at any level of the organization, that is for sure. Everything looks better when the big club is playing well though. So maybe Jake can do something tonight to give us something to be positive about.

I have two guesses.

(1) The club is in financial trouble. Joe Jordan was given a budget cut; we will not see any Cameron Coffey-type overslot bonuses this year. We will once again not be a player in the high-level international talent market.

(2) Angelos is clashing with AM about the direction of the franchise. Angelos wants AM to trade young players for proven talent, and he wants to hire Rick Dempsey as the manager. AM's reluctance is putting his job in jeopardy.

I think the speculation on this thread will grow so large and move so quickly that by post #25 it will be 100% clear that AM was a founding member of the Trilateral Commission.

:rolleyes:

He was also in the grassy knoll. He gave false testimony to the Warren commission.

Peanut Allergy Options

The Orioles offer a ticketing option for fans with peanut allergies who still wish to cheer on the O's at Camden Yards.

A Peanut Allergy Suite is available for select games. This suite on the Oriole Park Club Level will be cleaned thoroughly before each game and reserved specifically for those fans and their guests with a peanut allergy. Tickets are $20 per person and sold on a first-come, first-served basis. While there is no area in the ballpark entirely free from the possibility of peanuts or peanut dust, this suite provides an environment best suited for those fans with allergies. All fans and/or their parents will be required to sign a release form upon purchasing tickets.

The Oriole Park Peanut Allergy Suite is available on Tuesday, May 11 vs. the Mariners; Tuesday, June 22 vs. the Marlins; Friday, July 16 vs. the Blue Jays; and Monday, August 16 vs. the Mariners. Tickets for this suite are available via phone order only at 888-848-BIRD.

What if you are allergic to losing? Do you have to sign a waiver?

I have two guesses.

(1) The club is in financial trouble. Joe Jordan was given a budget cut; we will not see any Cameron Coffey-type overslot bonuses this year. We will once again not be a player in the high-level international talent market.

(2) Angelos is clashing with AM about the direction of the franchise. Angelos wants AM to trade young players for proven talent, and he wants to hire Rick Dempsey as the manager. AM's reluctance is putting his job in jeopardy.

I have a feeling two is more accurate then one.

To me, that sounds like "the plan" isn't working properly. And possibly the people in place to execute that plan aren't performing up to par with no light at the end of the tunnel in sight. That goes for on the field as well as up in the Warehouse.

Then you take in an account that nobody wants to come here either coaching, players, or organizational people.. You have yourself a making of a 3-ring circus.

Archived