Houston Making Significant Offer for Tejada

33rdst

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would really want the Santana and Wood package. That woudl give us a sick rotation for a while.

I truly believe that trade is not being offered by the Angels, especially with Santana pitching well for them as they go about contending. I imagine Wood is considered nearly untouchable and were I Stoneman, I would offer Kendrick, Aybar and one other (Kotchman?) as it makes sense for both teams.

Nova why do you believe the Houston is enough? Nieve? I don't think he is doing that good. He started out in AA last year then later he made it to AAA. He is a minor league pitcher. He would not be good for the O's. Everett would not help the O's at all. He just flat out can't hit. NL would be worse in the AL.

Nova why do you believe the Houston is enough? Nieve? I don't think he is doing that good. He started out in AA last year then later he made it to AAA. He is a minor league pitcher. He would not be good for the O's. Everett would not help the O's at all. He just flat out can't hit. NL would be worse in the AL.

I said it wasn't that bad a deal. If we were to trade Tejada to the team with the best deal on the table, I wouldn't be too surprised to see that deal being the best one. Its in the ball park, I would say. The only way to make a deal like that would be if the FO is committed to completely rebuilding the team.

Anyways, I don't care for Everett, but it wouldn't kill me to have to take him back in a deal. Pence and Hirsh are very good prospects. Hirsh is likely ready now, putting up a 2.08 ERA in the PCL. His control is solid, His HR rate is very good, and he hitters don't seem to make great contact against him. His K rate is good enough.

Pence is a little like Reimold, but hits for a better batter average, strikes out less, and is tearing up a more advanced league than Reimold right now.

Nieve is only 24, and doing fairly well in the majors (4.32 ERA), but he is really just a throw in.

They can still add Ensberg because I don't think he is out for an extended period of time. If they would add Ensberg instead of Everett, I would probably make that deal before the deadline and perhaps ship Ensberg off to the Angels for Aybar and another propsect.

1,3 & 6 were preseason, now it would be 1,2 & 3. That would be like us dealing Penn, Loewen and Reimold, or at least they would closely assimilate the value and positions of the Astro prospects. Everett is a waste, so he would need to be dealt away if acquired.

I would prefer Tejada (IF traded, big if) go to the Angels, but this package is very fair. Unlikely though it is.

Maybe that's because the Astros' system sucks? It isn't our fault that they have no farm system.

Maybe that's because the Astros' system sucks? It isn't our fault that they have no farm system.

The Astro's system may suck, but Pence, Hirsh, and Patton are all very good prospects.

Pence/Hirsh/Patton isn't as good as Kendrick/Santana but it is a more realistic option. Stoneman is not going to deal Santana, imo.

Yeah, you have to trade this guy. We're destined for many more 4th place finishes in the future with him, might as well try to get better and finish in 4th place without him.

No we're not!! He is more valuable as a player to build around. When the FO finally decides to put some solid players around him, we would contend. If we had signed someone like Vlad, Delgado, or Konerko, et al, we would even be having this discussion. And if we can get Abreu or Burrell, and someone like Shealy, we'll have a solid, competative team.

No we're not!! He is more valuable as a player to build around. When the FO finally decides to put some solid players around him, we would contend. If we had signed someone like Vlad, Delgado, or Konerko, et al, we would even be having this discussion. And if we can get Abreu or Burrell, and someone like Shealy, we'll have a solid, competative team.

I agree with Miggy being the piece the team builds around, as long as the following happens:

1. Penn comes up and pitches the way we all expect him to.

2. Loewen and Cabrera start throwing strikes, preferably in the majors.

I really hope 1 and 2 happen this year, because Tampa Bay scoring 27 runs in two games is almost enough to drive me insane.

I am fine with keeping Miggy if PA/FO will make the necessary moves to compete, but the more I read about some of the Astros prospects, the more I like the idea of pursuing a deal with them.

Hopefully, Flanny will see how desparate they are to make a run with Clemens and Biggio (their last chance ?).

Here is a link that shows some of the names we discussed earlier in the thread (Pence, Hirsh, Patton) were ranked #1,2,3 in the Astros system by Sickels pre-season. None of these guys have done anything this year to drop them from their 1-2-3 status.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/story/2006/7/19/142124/491

They could use another OF (Conine) and a backup Catcher (Javy).

How about Miggy, Conine, Javy for

Hirsh, Patton, Pence, Lane (will a change in scenery help ?), Everett (if we must take him)

They have an owner who is not afraid to make bold moves.

If they go for it - great ! If not, we keep him.

The Angels may be able to put together a better package, but I doubt Stoneman has the desire or the stones to pull the trigger.

Archived