Sun: O's swap Wolf for Fox

Moose Milligan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd honestly rather release Montanez and keep Atkins. Yes, you read that right. Don't get me wrong, Atkins needed to go two months ago, but Montanez needed to go before him. He rots on the bench worse than Pie did last year, and he adds nothing to the team. How he's still taking up space is beyond me.

They both need to go :)

After re-reading Moose's post, I think we can't send Fox to Norfolk without putting him through waivers.
Which also creates the question, couldn't we have just made a waiver claim from Oakland? Probably what we're giving up is inconsequential, but what does a trade do for us that a waiver claim doesn't?

Which also creates the question, couldn't we have just made a waiver claim from Oakland? Probably what we're giving up is inconsequential, but what does a trade do for us that a waiver claim doesn't?

Ensures that he becomes a waiver claim?

Couldn't anyone else trade for him in the interim?

I think it guarantees that we get him. Other teams could put in a trade bid for him.

Archived