Duquette speaks again

El Gordo

Just listened to Duque on XM(he's more fun direct than he was via BigBird) say he can think of 3 players off the top of his head, who are used to losing, playing for their paycheck, and should be off the team ASAP for the sake of the clubhouse. Who would you say they were? Lugo comes to mind first for me. Albers? Scott? Ohman?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was talking about the Orioles, specifically?

I think you'd have to look at the roster and try and figure what players Duq has interfaced with before. I don't think you can say Lugo due to the ultra serious expression he wears on his face while preparing himself in the batter's box.

Tejada,Scott,Izzy.
Tejada and Izzi make great plays in the field. Izzi is bat challenged, but he looks like he is giving his best effort most of the time. Miggi is always playing to win. Scott on the other hand strikes me as a guy who is playing for his numbers.

Wigginton, Tejada and maybe Millwood.

You have to think they are all vets who are on their way out of Baltimore and just counting down the days they have left.

I would be looking first at guys who are probably in their last season of MLB and who therefore have nothing at all to play for.

Hendrickson and Atkins for starters. Although Atkins has played so little, it would be hard to imagine he has much effect.

Luke Scott????? I always thought if anyone played with childish love of the game it was him. And he is usually pissed when he leaves runners on. If anyone thinks he phones it in they don't really know the game.

I think he is one of the most frustrated players on the team. He works his butt off in the offseason, he studies pitchers intently, and he takes a lot of pride in his game. But I'd say he's probably dying for a ticket out of Baltimore.

Wigginton, Tejada and maybe Millwood.

You have to think they are all vets who are on their way out of Baltimore and just counting down the days they have left.

You really think Miggi and Wiggi aren't playing to win? Oh, I forgot you don't actually watch them play. You can tell how hard they play from the box score.

Roberts would be a name I would expect, but he's been away from the team for so long.

I think Millwood is #1 just because of the reports he's been out on the town in bars before his starts and is a rent a player who is gone after 2010. I think after the first month he probably decided it wasn't worth trying 100% anymore for a team that wouldn't support him and wasn't going anywhere.

Markakis would be #2 just because he's been here for so long, and probably the losing over all those years has brought him down.

Guthrie is the third one IMO as we have heard he and Trembley didn't see eye to eye.

Roberts would be a name I would expect, but he's been away from the team for so long, but I'd still put him at #1.

Markakis would be #2 just because he's been here for so long, and probably the losing over all those years has brought him down.

Guthrie is the third one IMO as we have heard he and Trembley didn't see eye to eye.

I don't see how Nick is just playing for a paycheck.

He obviously cares.

And BRob obviously isn't doing that...he isn't playing right now and could have walked away and not signed an extension.

Archived