Duquette speaks again

El Gordo

This kind of crap is irresponsible. If you can't give a source for this kind of stuff you shouldn't say it.:cussing:

By "reports", he means that somebody here said they know somebody who knows somebody who said they once saw KM out at night... and that's a "report". Now even if you think that constitutes a "report", not sure how it becomes "reports" plural. That's even worse than saying "It's been said..." But, consider the source...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What makes you think he was Bigbird? If you ever read some of Bigbird's posts he sounds like he's a whiny ass baby. I'd hope we didn't have a guy like that running the show for this team. That would be extremely troublesome if that is true.

He's saying that bigbird had a source b/c of Duquette. Not that Duq was bigbird.

You really think Miggi and Wiggi aren't playing to win?

From your own words:

Just listened to Duque on XM(he's more fun direct than he was via BigBird) say he can think of 3 players off the top of his head, who are used to losing, playing for their paycheck, and should be off the team ASAP for the sake of the clubhouse. Who would you say they were? Lugo comes to mind first for me. Albers? Scott? Ohman?

Where did you say they are not playing to win?

You are changing the nature of what was said.

Guys can play for a paycheck and not care about wins and losses and still put up some decent numbers. Albert Belle made a career out of it.

I don't see how Nick is just playing for a paycheck.

He obviously cares.

And BRob obviously isn't doing that...he isn't playing right now and could have walked away and not signed an extension.

Exactly. B-Rob stuck around and took a check bigger than he would have gotten elsewhere.

There was no hometown discount in that contract -- which probably would have been an albatross even if he had not gotten hurt.

I like that he stuck around. I like him as a player. And it was good for Baltimore's morale.

BUT. I also kind of disrespect him for sticking around.

Look. It is easy to play and put up decent numbers in a situation when winning and losing is not important. Even if everything with the rebuilding plan progressed as we had hoped, Roberts would have been in the last couple of years of his contract -- and on a serious decline -- by the time the team was ready to compete. And you think that he didn't know that?

He stuck around in a low pressure environment where he is above reproach and did not put himself in a situation where every one -- or any one -- of his at bats had any serious weight as far as competing for a playoff spot. He shied away from that challenge.

Who knows. Maybe he just loves Baltimore and did not want to leave. That is totally understandable. But he could always move back here after his career is over.

He did not accept the challenge of playing under a brighter light and took a bigger contract to stay nice and cozy at home....

And let's not forget. He has not played on a winning team for one day of his MLB career. He had no interest in doing so, even at the tail end of his prime.

http://www.forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2175138&postcount=19

And I guess I took "out on the town" to be "out at the bars" but I think that's a pretty good assumption to make...

You need to qualify that better. That's very irresponsible. When you say reports it sounds like there is something legitimate about it. You should know better than that.

What makes you think he was Bigbird? If you ever read some of Bigbird's posts he sounds like he's a whiny ass baby. I'd hope we didn't have a guy like that running the show for this team. That would be extremely troublesome if that is true.
Bigbird's guy worked for Duque. Bigbird as much as said that, after Duque left, IIRC.

You need to qualify that better. That's very irresponsible. When you say reports it sounds like there is something legitimate about it. You should know better than that.

Seriously, this is one poster reporting on what another poster said a third poster said.

From your own words:

Where did you say they are not playing to win?

You are changing the nature of what was said.

Guys can play for a paycheck and not care about wins and losses and still put up some decent numbers. Albert Belle made a career out of it.

I think there is a difference between playing for your paycheck and playing to win. You don't need to put up numbers to play to win or help your team to win. That's sort of the point. It's the kind of distinction one makes when they follow the team and actually watch them play, as opposed to looking at numbers in a box score.

I'm not a journalist, I'm just relaying information and making an assumption based on that information.

This ain't the Baltimore Sun. Rumors and hearsay are permitted and people can do with them what they wish...

http://www.forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2175138&postcount=19

And I guess I took "out on the town" to be "out at the bars" but I think that's a pretty good assumption to make...

Three Run Homer, do you remember where you saw this post and who the poster was?

So let me get this straight. If I post in another thread, some one said that JTrea has been spotted molesting moose calves in the North Woods, someone else can then cite it as a source for reports of JTrea being a moose pederast?:rolleyestf:

I'm not a journalist, I'm just relaying information and making an assumption based on that information.

This ain't the Baltimore Sun. Rumors and hearsay are permitted and people can do with them what they wish...

Perhaps...But is is asking to much to be responsible before suggesting somebody is a drunk?

Bullcrap. You're doing what you always do. Taking random third hand information and using it to fit a lame theory you have. Also, there were not reports (plural), there was one post that was hearsay at best. It's like if someone posted that JTrea wears women's clothing and drowns kittens. Then another poster cited reports of you doing this. It's garbage and it has no place amongst intelligent discussion. I would say you should be ashamed, but clearly I know better.

Bigbird was around here long before Duquette was in the organization. Bigbird had a connection with Duquette but he was not one in the same.

Archived