Duquette speaks again

El Gordo

Somebody mentioned why Duquette doesn't have a FO job, and frankly it's because he's too loose lipped IMO. I find it refreshing but it's apparently a detriment to being in a FO.

It's great if you are a fan though. Duquette was always up front and told it straight, and I admired him for that, especially after the smoke and mirrors that was Jim Beattie, and that we have again now only worse with Andy MacPhail...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's keep this thread about Duquette and what he had to say.

And yes I believe that a poster saw Millwood out and about into the wee hours before his starts. Why should he give a crap? He just was traded from a team that will likely win their division to the worst team in baseball, and he's getting no run support so he's not winning any games.

He has no ties to this organization, and he'll get paid regardless for just suffering through the year, so he might as well try to find as much joy and fun as he can, because he won't find it on the mound...

I think the losing got to him and he needs to have a change of scenery now. His pitching effectiveness has clearly gone downhill since April...

Huff was the comparison and I agree there. Just look at how he's doing with the Giants after getting out of the Orioles' losing culture.

This team sucks the life out of certain players and it's no surprise that they could turn into a negative influence when that does happen.

So I guess those two years he was here with us where he hit very well and won a silver slugger mean nothing?

And yes I believe that a poster saw Millwood out and about into the wee hours before his starts.

So, you wanna keep the thread on topic... but with an exception for you repeating your unfounded drivel...

Somebody mentioned why Duquette doesn't have a FO job, and frankly it's because he's too loose lipped IMO. I find it refreshing but it's apparently a detriment to being in a FO.

It's great if you are a fan though. Duquette was always up front and told it straight, and I admired him for that, especially after the smoke and mirrors that was Jim Beattie, and that we have again now only worse with Andy MacPhail...

But he's not a good GM.

So let me get this straight. If I post in another thread, some one said that JTrea has been spotted molesting moose calves in the North Woods, someone else can then cite it as a source for reports of JTrea being a moose pederast?:rolleyestf:

f4d2815b8cdd5c06abc85e5b8e9274dc20090702083545.jpg

And yes I believe that a poster saw Millwood out and about into the wee hours before his starts. Why should he give a crap? He just was traded from a team that will likely win their division to the worst team in baseball, and he's getting no run support so he's not winning any games.

Dude you're the one who diverted the thread into this nonsense. That's fine if you believe Millwood is drining all night. That's your right. Do you not understand that if you presented this information that way to begin with that people wouldn't be giving you crap. Instead you had to be dishonest and misrepresent your argument once more. And now your playing the victim to top it all off.

Sorry, but that's not the kind of allegation that should be made without a link to the source.

Ask Three Run Homer, as that's where I read it first, on one of his posts...I never made the allegation, just relayed the information and assumed it is true, as did Three Run Homer from the first time it was posted.

I tend to believe what our posters will post about their encounters with players. What do they have to gain really by posting something false?

Playing the guessing game, one would assume it's some of the "veteran presences" who have been in the league for a while.

It's not Millwood. He's used to winning more than losing. Six years of winning the division in Atlanta, followed by two winning years in Philly, and one on a 93-win Cleveland team. Texas ranged from 75-87 wins in his four years.

Roberts has been out of the clubhouse, so I doubt Duq meant him.

Tejada? Part of me says, "no," because Duq knows first-hand how Tejada was very vocal in his first tour here about wanting a winner or being traded. The other part wonders if Tejada was perceived as sulking and mailing it in, out of frustration.

Wigginton has stepped up his game this year, so I rule him out.

Atkins? Patterson? Guthrie?

Ask Three Run Homer, as that's where I read it first, on one of his posts...I never made the allegation, just relayed the information and assumed it is true, as did Three Run Homer from the first time it was posted.

I tend to believe what our posters will post about their encounters with players. What do they have to gain really by posting something false?

There's nothing wrong with relaying info from another poster but I think the way you frame the information is important. The word "report" is used in regards to reputable news sources who fact check and don't publish pure rumors. If you had said "one of our posters saw him at a bar on game day" and then posted the link I don't think anyone would've had an issue with it.

I don't believe a word Duquette says, but ok, lets assume that all these rumors are true.

Millwood was out on the town for drinks and had to pitch the next day at 7pm! Big frickin deal!!!! How many of us stay up past 1am when the Orioles are on the west coast, down a few Jack's chased by a six pack of Bud, and then get up at 4:30 to go to work? (Dip is raising his hand). This is a grown man and we care that he is out on the town drinking? :rolleyes:

You had me until that last part.:D

OK, I found Three Run Homer's post. He attributes the information to "another poster." http://www.forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2175138&highlight=Millwood#post2175138

So who's the "other poster?" Where did this start? Who actually claims to have encountered Millwood? Sorry, this is third-hand at least and not very credible without the post from the so-called "other poster" to read and judge.

Archived