Would You Trade Matusz and Tillman or Arietta for Cahill?

Old#5fan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have seen him pitch multiple times...besides tonight, how many times have you seen him?

Just tonite but I was also listening to both Palmer and Thorne raving about him and his impressive record at such a young age. Pretty incredible really.

Can't believe the people who say they wouldn't trade Matusz for Cahill straight up. Cahill is already what you hope Matusz becomes and he's either the same age or a year younger.

Spot on Sir! I absolutely concur. I have no idea what they are seeing but I see greatness in this Cahill kid already.:eek:

Can't believe the people who say they wouldn't trade Matusz for Cahill straight up. Cahill is already what you hope Matusz becomes and he's either the same age or a year younger.

What? His strikeout numbers are appalling. There's no way he keeps this up.

No, you said Matusz AND Tillman or Arrieta.

Right. The deal would be Matusz and one of either Tillman or Arrieta. A two for one deal with Matusz one of the two.

I also would entertain trading Matusz and one of either Tillman or Arrieta and Wieters for Cahill and Suzuki.

I think Matusz has value in that he's left-handed and has tremendous poise. Cahill has 44 games experiece while Matusz has 24.

Sorry. Yes, I would trade Tillman and one of those two guys for Cahill. I would trade Matusz and Tillman for Cahill. I actually like Arrieta the best of the Orioles pitchers I've seen so far.

I would also trade Matusz, Wieters and one of either Tillman or Arrieta for Cahill and Suzuki but doubt the A's would go for it.

Right. The deal would be Matusz and one of either Tillman or Arrieta. A two for one deal with Matusz one of the two.

I also would entertain trading Matusz and one of either Tillman or Arrieta and Wieters for Cahill and Suzuki.

HA! no way!:rofl:

Let's look at some stats, shall we?:

1) Cahill is 22 and Matusz is 23.

2) Cahill has 44 ML starts and Matusz has 24.

3) For his career, Cahill averages 5.04 k/9 IP...Matusz averages 7.03 K/9 IP.

4) Cahill's career K/BB ratio is 1.48...Matusz'ss K/BB is 2.40.

5) They both average 5.7 IP per start thus far.

6) Cahill gets to pitch in Oakland, where his ERA at home is much better than on the road.

7) Cahill's GB ratio is 1.01...Matusz's is .54.

8 ) Cahill's HR rate is 1.24...Matusz's rate is 1.10

9) Cahill throws 60% of his pitches for strikes(below league average)...Matusz throws 65% of his pitches for strikes..well above league average.

10) Cahill throws 3.89 P/PA...Matusz throws 3.81 P/PA.

11) Cahill has a 14% swinging strike %...Matusz has a 16%...League average is 15%.

12) Cahill throws 55% first strikes...Matusz throws 61% first strikes.

So, thus far in their careers, where Cahill is younger but has more experience, Matusz beats him in every category except GB rate.

I don't know why you folks interact with this guy. He states these ridiculous opinions over and over again based on almost no evidence at all. Luke Scott anyone? Chris Tillman anyone? I could keep going for a long time. When one is proven false as more evidence comes in, he just goes to the next opinion. It is all in order to feel involved and popular. That other thread is 12 pages and 9 of them are folks screaming in vain at him about an issue they know he'll never even remotely acknowledge. I just don't get the allure. It would be one thing if he had the occasional nugget of gold to offer, but nothing he says is particularly inciteful and most of it is downright ludicrous. Again, I just don't get it.

So what is your opinion on trading for Cahill by offering Matusz and one of either Tillman or Arietta? :scratchchinhmm:

Also what is your opinion on the same deal only adding in Wieters for Suzuki?:scratchchinhmm:

These are questions I would ask anyone at a bar so why do you wish to belittle me so much for asking them here? :confused:This isn't like writing for a newspaper. You take this site way, way too seriously.:(

6) Cahill gets to pitch in Oakland, where his ERA at home is much better than on the road.

9) Cahill throws 60% of his pitches for strikes(below league average)...Matusz throws 65% of his pitches for strikes..well above league average.

11) Cahill has a 14% swinging strike %...Matusz has a 16%...League average is 15%.

So, thus far in their careers, where Cahill is younger but has more experience, Matusz beats him in every category except GB rate.

Would you throw in Wieters for Kurt Suzuki?

:laughlol:

Instead of cherry picking stats what about ERA, Wins, and WHIP?:confused: I don't think Matusz is very good in the first too at all. In fact, he's terrible.:(

Archived