All Star Game Question

O's84

What if one one team's only all star representative gets traded shortly before the All Star game. What do they do, they can't really take away an all star from another team with multiple ones that have already been named can they?

What if one one team's only all star representative gets traded shortly before the All Star game. What do they do' date=' they can't really take away an all star from another team with multiple ones that have already been named can they?[/quote']

Someone asked Roch that yesterday. Say Wiggy is traded to an AL team, he would still be an All Star and the O's would have no representative. He didn't say what happened if he is traded to the NL. I assume he'd be off the team.

What if one one team's only all star representative gets traded shortly before the All Star game. What do they do' date=' they can't really take away an all star from another team with multiple ones that have already been named can they?[/quote']
Someone asked Roch that yesterday. Say Wiggy is traded to an AL team, he would still be an All Star and the O's would have no representative. He didn't say what happened if he is traded to the NL. I assume he'd be off the team.

This happened two years ago, when Freddy Sanchez was traded from the Pirates to the Giants just before the ASB. If I'm not mistaken, an alternate Pirate rep (Zach Duke) was selected, and Sanchez appeared as a Giant.

Archived