Yankees on verge of getting C. Lee

mcgraw238

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully it works out as well as giving up Austin Jackson, Ian Kennedy and Phil Coke and getting back Curtis Granderson.

That deal doesn't look so great with the way Jackson is producing but the Yanks have the best record in baseball and still have enough talent in the system to go out and acquire a pitcher in Lee that has been absolutely dominat the past few seasons. I suspect the deal will work out just fine for them. For those finding silver lining in the Yanks loss of Montero, why? These guys will just crank out more talent like its coming off an assembly line.

That deal doesn't look so great with the way Jackson is producing but the Yanks have the best record in baseball and still have enough talent in the system to go out and acquire a pitcher in Lee that has been absolutely dominat the past few seasons. I suspect the deal will work out just fine for them. For those finding silver lining in the Yanks loss of Montero, why? These guys will just crank out more talent like its coming off an assembly line.

Agreed, but I just wanted to point out that every move Cashman makes doesn't always work out. I'm sure Lee will be fine, and this move certainly doesn't impact the Orioles position in the standings, so I'm indifferent to it.

Hopefully it's a flop and the prospects they trade become stars in Seattle and Lee doesn't do well for them. I hate to wish bad performance on anyone but jeez do the Yankees have to get every A list player out there. Just feels like overkill at this point since they have CC, Burnett, Hughes, and Vasquez. Forget who the other starter is.

Once the Yanks get Lee, does Javier Vazquez become the top starter on the market? I suppose you could say Oswalt is #1 but the Stos demands coupled with his contract duration make him unlikely to be dealt. I was hoping that Guthrie would be in play once Lee gets dealt but I believe we'll have to wait for Vazquez to get moved.

This entire sport is really starting to get on my Fing nerves. The Yankees can afford to always give away their best prospects because all they have to do to reload is buy the best players. Where the hell is the competitive balance. What a joke and Baseball should be ashamed.

This entire sport is really starting to get on my Fing nerves. The Yankees can afford to always give away their best prospects because all they have to do to reload is buy the best players. Where the hell is the competitive balance. What a joke and Baseball should be ashamed.

They fill up the minors with good prospects pretty quickly as well. Not as good as the Red Sox, but they run an amazing show.

It is probably a good idea for them to move Jesus Montero now anyway, he doesn't have the best numbers this year but hes still regarded so highly.

Archived