Info regarding the Burrell trade

helloharv

Teams are going to pay a little more to get Abreu and we still are not 100% sure he waives his NTC to come here.

He does have a relationship with Mora, it could happen.

I don't see it being that much more of a package with Abreu's salary. I think that could be a huge thing for teams. It would be a straight salary dump for them. I think they would realize that they are not going to get anything of significant value.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He does have a relationship with Mora, it could happen.

I don't see it being that much more of a package with Abreu's salary. I think that could be a huge thing for teams. It would be a straight salary dump for them. I think they would realize that they are not going to get anything of significant value.

Its not much more but it will be more.

Hell,t here was even a Milledge for Abreu rumor...I can't imagine the Mets would be that dumb but they have been dumber than that in the past, so you never know.

Amazing...What would keep one in Philly?

Not like we are far from Philly either.

You rip the holy hell out of the organization all the time, all the time, and then wonder why someone wouldn't waive a NTC to go to Baltimore? Seriously?!?!?!

You rip the holy hell out of the organization all the time, all the time, and then wonder why someone wouldn't waive a NTC to go to Baltimore? Seriously?!?!?!

I am not ripping him...He is not wanted in Philly...My question is, why would anyone want to stay in the city of Philly?

And, on top of that, if you can get out and play near there, why wouldn't you?

Harv said he wouldn't waive it for anywhere..Had he said, he doesn't want to come to BMore, that would be different...But he didn't say that so therefore, my question is correct in asking.

I'm frightened that this team is doomed to nothing more than lateral moves and the status quo for the forseeable future - no rebuilding, no run for contention, simply acknowledging and almost embracing complacency and mediocrity.

There is no question the potential is there to improve this team. We have bargaining chips. We have money. We have some remaining appeal (despite the fact that our franchise has lost more than it's won over the last nine seasons). We have an all-world player to build around, or to use to improve the club long-term. We seemingly have it all.

Yet even if Flanny and Duke wanted to make certain moves, it seems to be extremely difficult, more than for any other personnel man in the league. They can't seem to improve the team in the now because either because PA gets in the way, their offers are not accepted, or some other factor impeeds their progress (as in this potential Burrell deal).

And I'm certain that the topic of rebuilding leaves PA fearful that his attendance and financial quota will not be met for a time, turning him off to the idea (even though many of us believe that this city would embrace ANY plan so long as there IS a plan).

Here's hoping they turn around and either make a serious play for an impact player in this trade market or in the upcoming free-agent market, or decide to take the Florida Marlins approach just this once and blow up the whole darn thing and use their assets to LEGITIMATELY build for the future, while further intergrating promising youth into the everyday lineup.

I am not ripping him...He is not wanted in Philly...My question is, why would anyone want to stay in the city of Philly?

And, on top of that, if you can get out and play near there, why wouldn't you?

Harv said he wouldn't waive it for anywhere..Had he said, he doesn't want to come to BMore, that would be different...But he didn't say that so therefore, my question is correct in asking.

Okay, my mistake. Though on the other hand, playing in that bandbox for the next two years would give him pretty good numbers going into his next FA contract. One thing to consider I guess.

Okay, my mistake. Though on the other hand, playing in that bandbox for the next two years would give him pretty good numbers going into his next FA contract. One thing to consider I guess.

Yea but he can do that here or in other stadiums as well.

Oh well, maybe he changes his mind.

Be interesting to know if the deal was completed other than the NTC.

With Soriano and Lee not coming here next year and not getting a trade done for Abreu or Burrell, What will we do for LF next year. We are going to be rebuilding, so do we look for a young FA or someone in our system. Can Gibby play LF?

With Soriano and Lee not coming here next year and not getting a trade done for Abreu or Burrell, What will we do for LF next year. We are going to be rebuilding, so do we look for a young FA or someone in our system. Can Gibby play LF?

We sign another Jeff Conine type player.

Come on Section. That is very childish. It is not the city of Baltimore that they don't like. It is ahving to play for Peter Angelos. They see how bad the Orioles are doing under the Angelos way of operation. Don't hold anything against any other player from another team not wanting to play for the Orioles. Hold Angelos responsible.

Come on Section. That is very childish. It is not the city of Baltimore that they don't like. It is ahving to play for Peter Angelos. They see how bad the Orioles are doing under the Angelos way of operation. Don't hold anything against any other player from another team not wanting to play for the Orioles. Hold Angelos responsible.

What I don't understand is this - if the players understood that they collective signed with the Orioles, that they would contend?

Archived