Big Stein Suffers Heart Attack

Shopay

These things come in three's....first Bob Sheppard, now this, potentially.

Let's just say that if I was on the Yankees, I wouldn't go flying any personal planes during the All-Star Break.

I get what you're saying. Just don't really think it's in good taste.

Get well George.

Yikes. You spend your whole baseball loving life cursing the man and rooting against his team but now that he's actually passed on it all seems so petty. RIP George, you sure brought a lot of happiness to Yankee fans.

Yikes. You spend your whole baseball loving life cursing the man and rooting against his team but now that he's actually passed on it all seems so petty. RIP George, you sure brought a lot of happiness to Yankee fans.

For the longest time in my house growing up, I thought his name was George BLEEPING Steinbrenner.

I would argue that he was one of the most pivotal figures in the history of the game.

Obviously, I feel for the man and his family. Gotta recognize the man's accomplishments and respect him for those. His importance to the game we all love cannot be questioned.

In a time where it's in poor taste to say something tongue in cheek, I kind of feel the way I felt when Darth Vader died.

RIP, George. I appreciate your contributions to baseball.

For the longest time in my house growing up, I thought his name was George BLEEPING Steinbrenner.

I would argue that he was one of the most pivotal figures in the history of the game.

I don't think you would find many people that would argue against you.

RIP, George. :(

One of baseball's most controversial figures, but you can't deny his importance to the game and the Yankees. For all his flaws, his ruthlessness and desire to win brought the Yankees back to prominence. For all the bad things he did, that's what he'll be remembered for the most. Rest assured George Steinbrenner will never be forgotten.

Archived