Dan Connolly: Showalter will likely take over in the near future

ChaosLex

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the sense of negativity around. I really do understand. The O's suck, they've been losing, AM hasn't done enough.

But if the O's front office is willing let out this much information I doubt this is going to fall through.

If you argument is you need Buck in here NOW to fix everything, then complain. But complaining that Buck isn't going to sign because the process is too long seems a bit far fetched.

It seems to me that Buck a detail oriented guy also probably wants all his ducks in order before he signs on too. I can only see this as a good sign and a true assessment by all parties involved to make sure whatever we get done is the right thing to do.

I get the sense of negativity around. I really do understand. The O's suck, they've been losing, AM hasn't done enough.

But if the O's front office is willing let out this much information I doubt this is going to fall through.

If you argument is you need Buck in here NOW to fix everything, then complain. But complaining that Buck isn't going to sign because the process is too long seems a bit far fetched.

It seems to me that Buck a detail oriented guy also probably wants all his ducks in order before he signs on too. I can only see this as a good sign and a true assessment by all parties involved to make sure whatever we get done is the right thing to do.

I am just sick of the complete lack of urgency with pretty much everything MacPhail does.

It just shows that he -- and the Orioles in many ways -- really don't care about improving...just making decisions that don't cost the team any more money than it needs to.

I am just sick of the complete lack of urgency with pretty much everything MacPhail does.

It just shows that he -- and the Orioles in many ways -- really don't care about improving...just making decisions that don't cost the team any more money than it needs to.

It's not your money. It's not your job on the line.

You don't like it? Buy a team or become a GM.

Whatever. This is an easy cop out. Plus, as a fan, I have a right to criticize this team. You don't like it? Don't read my posts.

Other GM's seem to be able to do several things at once in half the time it takes MacPhail to do one thing.

Just face it -- MacPhail is a notoriously slow decision maker.

Let it go man. If the deal falls through, I'll eat the biggest crow you'd ever seen. Heck, I'll eat Poe.

Until then, relax.

PETA people would be hating you,:laughlol: I think it is almost a done deal. Who knows Buck might even be in town watching the team tonight. Maybe in a Bobby Valentine disguise.:laughlol:

Whatever. This is an easy cop out. Plus, as a fan, I have a right to criticize this team. You don't like it? Don't read my posts.

Other GM's seem to be able to do several things at once in half the time it takes MacPhail to do one thing.

Just face it -- MacPhail is a notoriously slow decision maker.

I agree, he's slow, but you have absolutely 0 proof that it's he who is holding this up.

I'm just confused why there are so many "O's" fans in a constant state of negativity. Are you like this all day? Do you just sulk around your house mumbling and grumbling about Peter and Andy and 13 years and we coulda been a contenda?

I imagine you're wearing an old bath robe and boots. Sort of a cross between Howard Hawks and the guy who put the flaming bag of poop out on his front porch in Billy Madison.

PETA people would be hating you,:laughlol: I think it is almost a done deal. Who knows Buck might even be in town watching the team tonight. Maybe in a Bobby Valentine disguise.:laughlol:

Don't knock it till you try it. Crow is surprisingly tasty. And Ravens?!?! Even better.

Let it go man. If the deal falls through, I'll eat the biggest crow you'd ever seen. Heck, I'll eat Poe.

Until then, relax.

Maybe Buck is gonna dress up in the Orioles Bird costume to get a front line look at the team? :scratchchinhmm:

2405548635_5f43acb6db_o.jpg

Or maybe even as Poe?

6640_photo.jpg

Still, even giving the maximum benefit of the doubt, one can still have every right to naturally wonder why this takes so long? It has been going on now for more than just a day or two. And yes, a lot of negotiations with this team, if not all of them, do take what seems, by most, if not all accounts, to be a long time, maybe, just maybe longer than what most would consider to be normal.

But I guess this is just our loveable O's.

Still, even giving the maximum benefit of the doubt, one can still have every right to naturally wonder why this takes so long? It has been going on now for more than just a day or two. And yes, a lot of negotiations with this team, if not all of them, do take what seems, by most, if not all accounts, to be a long time, maybe, just maybe longer than what most would consider to be normal.

I wonder why we think our negotiations take so long? Do we have people who post here (and have that opinion) that track with such fervor the rumors, negotiations, botchings, and successes of other teams front offices?

Have we ever taken a step back and gone, maybe we're too close to the situation to be objective?

Maybe this is the rate that everything is done, and we just don't know any different?

Does anyone know how long the Jays were in talks with the Braves re: Escobar?

I don't watch ESPN anymore since the MLBN came around, but has Buck been on Baseball Tonight at all? If he has been, I see that as a bad sign. If he hasn't been, then maybe, just maybe, he is in town and REALLY working on finalizing this thing. Anyone watch ESPN?

Archived