Juan Samuel Isn't Considering Dropping Matusz From Rotation

oriolefaith

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he considered it, for even a second, he should be fired. I'll even go so far as to say he should be banned from baseball. Ok, lets not go to that far an extreme, but seriously, Matusz, no matter the recent struggles, is the last pitcher you'd move out of the rotation.

Another outing like today and maybe he ought to? Tillman and Arietta are on the upswing and he appears to be regressing badly as in his last two starts.

Chris Tillman had one great start. One. Lets not act like he's the second coming of Dave McNally or something.

This is the second straight start this has happened.

I was glad to see him get the time off because I thought that the days off to rest his arm would be good...But it didn't happen, so whats wrong?

Hiding an injury? Tired arm?

I think it's a little dead arm phase. Nothing to worry about. He needs to get himself through it. If I were Samuel, I'd skip one of Matusz' turn in the rotation and spot-start someone.

I think it's a little dead arm phase. Nothing to worry about. He needs to get himself through it. If I were Samuel, I'd skip one of Matusz' turn in the rotation and spot-start someone.

He pitched 3 innings, had extra time off between starts, then pitched less than 2 innings today...how much more time off do you think he needs?

But it's still blatantly asinine to think that Arrietta will be better than him! Matusz is a flop and not many people on here are willing to admit it. Not saying he wouldn't be doing better on another team, but he has been borderline horrendous during his time as an Oriole.

But it's still blatantly asinine to think that Arrietta will be better than him! Matusz is a flop and not many people on here are willing to admit it. Not saying he wouldn't be doing better on another team, but he has been borderline horrendous during his time as an Oriole.

His stuff is underwhelming unless he has pinpoint control. IMO he should never have been the highest rated pitcher in any draft.

It's unfortunate that Matusz has had two poor starts in succession. Before that, he had a 3.13 ERA over his previous 7 starts and averaged 6.57 innings per start. So, let's not overreact to two bad outings in a row. If he's bad another three straight times I might get pretty concerned. For now, it's just two bad starts.

Only if you don't know what you are talking about or what you are watching.

His stuff is underwhelming unless he has pinpoint control. IMO he should never have been the highest rated pitcher in any draft.

That's the same as saying that Greg Maddux has underwhelming stuff unless he has pinpoint control. His stuff IS his control.

Archived