Juan Samuel Isn't Considering Dropping Matusz From Rotation

oriolefaith

Why not, it's just a color.

I can't believe this is still being discussed. Obviously he has had 2 rough starts in a row. It happens. Overall he has been at least average this year, with a bit of bad luck. If he continues to look bad this month, you have to at least think about it. But, right now it is out of the question to think that Matusz should be sent down.

Well, I do agree he should have at least one more start, but if he once again gets knocked out by the third inning and only hits 88 MPH I think I wouldn't wait around.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not claiming he is fixed yet, but he looked night and day better and in fact has his best major league outing EVER after going back down. If if worked for him, --- I'm just saying!:eek:

Why do you assume that his best major league outing was DUE to his time in Norfolk?

I'm just asking.

He was recalled before to make a start and laid an egg. Was that due to his time in Norfolk?

Why do you assume that his best major league outing was DUE to his time in Norfolk?

I'm just asking.

He was recalled before to make a start and laid an egg. Was that due to his time in Norfolk?

The last time he was working on his two seamer (I believe) and change up. I didn't hear that the first time he went down. I just think if Matusz continues to look and perform so poorly it might do him better to work out his issues in Norfolk where there is less pressure. If you think those boos from the fans didn't effect this young kid, I think you would be wrong.

I don't know if any manly man should ever post a statement like that, and I am not being a wise acre. If I were you I think I would delate that statement and I will forget I ever saw it!

Yeah Wedge, don't be a sissy. For the love of GOD, "delate" that statement!!!:D

The last time he was working on his two seamer (I believe) and change up. I didn't hear that the first time he went down. I just think if Matusz continues to look and perform so poorly it might do him better to work out his issues in Norfolk where there is less pressure. If you think those boos from the fans didn't effect this young kid, I think you would be wrong.

I hope he is not that delicate a little flower. Every pitcher gets booed now and then.

Nice call, OF.

Open mouth - insert foot.

Archived