Did Andy and Tony Meet?

soxhotcorner14

The O's are dysfunctional. Oh my!

Not much of a story. Most organizations in varying degrees are mismanaged. The stated goals seldom align with the actual practices. Doesn't matter if it's government, military, K-12 education, universities, large commercial businesses, wall street, oil industry, auto industry, etc. Only a handful are working as theoretically intended at near 100% productivity with wise managers setting policy.

An alternative expose would list the fully functional organizations in America that produce great value for a great price. That's a short list.

Reminds me of Casablanca in which the police captain is shocked to discover gamblaing at Rick's place. You've got to be naive and/or inexperienced to expect any business to be well-run. It's a pleasant surprise when one discovers such an organization.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen too many movies after they've been hyped up only to be left disappointed.

The amount of attention this "story" has gotten before it has been released is out of control. Nothing can live up to the coverage this thing has gotten. Just release it so we can actually talk about it and stop speculating about it.

I'm a little worried. Just my guess, I think it's going to be a lot about PA having (and insisting on keeping) his favorites in the organization and AM being hamstrung by that. More PA meddling than AM incompetence. At least I HOPE that's all it is...

I'm a little worried. Just my guess, I think it's going to be a lot about PA having (and insisting on keeping) his favorites in the organization and AM being hamstrung by that. More PA meddling than AM incompetence. At least I HOPE that's all it is...

I think you're exactly right. Not that I'm worried about it....it is what it is and we can't change it. But I don't think all of the issues with this franchise rest solely with AM. He has his deficiencies, to be sure, but he's not exactly being helped either. Picture a journeyman boxer (AM) getting into the ring with Mike Tyson in his prime (AL East). Then picture that journeyman having to fight with one hand tied behind his back (PA). :eek:

I think AM incompetence would be better don't you think?

There's a cure for AM incompetence whereas PA is an incurable virus if he's the problem. He's the Ebola virus.

For some reason, I'm unable to rep you from work. I'll hit you up this evening though. :)

I'm more curious about the response the so-called Lollipop Brigade has to the article. ;):D

STOP that name calling crap! :angryfire: I'm GD tired of being made fun of because I have a positive outlook and don't buy into every conspiracy theory.

And don't give me the excuse it wasn't directed at me. I don't give a flying whatever who it was directed at.

I think you're exactly right. Not that I'm worried about it....it is what it is and we can't change it. But I don't think all of the issues with this franchise rest solely with AM. He has his deficiencies' date=' to be sure, but he's not exactly being helped either. Picture a journeyman boxer (AM) getting into the ring with Mike Tyson in his prime (AL East). Then picture that journeyman having to fight with one hand tied behind his back (PA). :eek:[/quote']

I'll tell you what worries me most, is Tony's attitude change recently. I've never seen him so down on everything... It may be a LOT more than I expect.

I'll tell you what worries me most, is Tony's attitude change recently. I've never seen him so down on everything... It may be a LOT more than I expect.

The only thing that would be worse than I expect is what someone mentioned before....basically, that the franchise is being run strictly to earn a profit and that winning is secondary to keeping costs as minimal as possible. I really don't think the issue goes to that extent, so I guess that's why I'm not worried. I began to grow suspicious of whether the organization was being run any more competently under AM well before the discussion of this article ever began...so I guess that's why I'm not worrying nor will I be at all surprised. I'm pretty much at the point of accepting that a change of ownership is the only chance at all we have for the franchise to turn around. And even then, a turnaround would be entirely dependent on the right person becoming the new owner, which is no guarantee.

STOP that name calling crap! :angryfire: I'm GD tired of being made fun of because I have a positive outlook and don't buy into every conspiracy theory.

And don't give me the excuse it wasn't directed at me. I don't give a flying whatever who it was directed at.

Couldn't agree more. If you don't want to burn AM at the stakes right now then you're considered a mindless moron. It's getting ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. If you don't want to burn AM at the stakes right now then you're considered a mindless moron. It's getting ridiculous.

That's obviously too harsh, but declining to deliver a swift kick to his shin might qualify as moronic ;)

I was very polite when I spoke with him. I never got close to his shins.

He seems to be willing to stay and help straighten out our mess.

And handle trades professionally.

And he is not the laughing stock of the major leagues when it comes to trading.

I was very polite when I spoke with him. I never got close to his shins.

He seems to be willing to stay and help straighten out our mess.

And handle trades professionally.

And he is not the laughing stock of the major leagues when it comes to trading.

To the point of re-upping and turning down the Commish's job? I could see him not wanting to quit on a job partially finished, but the Commish is a dream job. I guess it's what he prefers, running a baseball team or a more PR job. :noidea:

Archived