Duke Vs Md

Sports Guy

Well, when you act like a punk you get immature unknowledgable fans chanting F you JJ and taunting you ;)

Sounds like a vicious cycle to me...

Well actually what really happens is the fans initiate it(and obviously not just in MD) The fans hate the star player of their most hated team, especially at a school like Duke with a bunch of rich snobs. So, the fans start it, the players react like punks and then the fans get worse.

As you said, it is a vicious cycle and at the end of the day, all it is is jealousy.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well actually what really happens is the fans initiate it(and obviously not just in MD) The fans hate the star player of their most hated team, especially at a school like Duke with a bunch of rich snobs. So, the fans start it, the players react like punks and then the fans get worse.

As you said, it is a vicious cycle and at the end of the day, all it is is jealousy.

What a minute, I'm pretty sure I heard that redick gave a some fans the finger at last years game @ Maryland. I'm sure that the fans were pretty bad but if this is true then redick initated it.

In past years, just when you think MD has no chance, they surprise you and find a way to win. And if they win tonight, it will take a Huge surprise, lol. It's not just the inside where MD is over-matched, but it's also 3 point shooting - where Duke has a phenominal pair of veteran trey shooters starting in the backcourt.

Gilchrist is going to have to completely snap out of his funk and have the game of his life - popping 3's and causing turnovers. Gist needs more PT. Md can't let the game slow down - they can't beat Duke in a half-court game, but they can out-run Duke. They need to push the tempo all game long.

What a minute, I'm pretty sure I heard that redick gave a some fans the finger at last years game @ Maryland. I'm sure that the fans were pretty bad but if this is true then redick initated it.

This is true, I saw it with my own eyes from about 50 feet away.

Redick brought all of this on himself. He's my least favorite player in basktball history.

Guys like Battier and Jason Williams were hated because they were terrific college basketball players, call it jealousy if you want. Redick is definitely not hated for that reason, he's hated because he's a little b**** who thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This is true, I saw it with my own eyes from about 50 feet away.

Redick brought all of this on himself. He's my least favorite player in basktball history.

Guys like Battier and Jason Williams were hated because they were terrific college basketball players, call it jealousy if you want. Redick is definitely not hated for that reason, he's hated because he's a little b**** who thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

So what you are saying is he went out on the court and just gave the finger to students? No one said anything to him? He was not provoked?

So what you are saying is he went out on the court and just gave the finger to students? No one said anything to him? He was not provoked?

He is playing in an opposing arena so of course he is being taunted. That is expected and its going to happen in every arena he goes into. You've got to be more mature and handle yourself better than to throw your middle finger up to every person who taunts you. Make your performance on the court the response to the fans.

Does it matter what the fans said to Redick? Theres a different level of culpability between the students and the people on the courts.

Its the same sort of deal as in the Oakland/Texas bullpen thing and the Pistons/Pacers fight earlier this year. The fans did things they definitely shouldn't have done, but its the players who bear almost all of the responsibility for the situation escalating.

Does it matter what the fans said to Redick? Theres a different level of culpability between the students and the people on the courts.

Its the same sort of deal as in the Oakland/Texas bullpen thing and the Pistons/Pacers fight earlier this year. The fans did things they definitely shouldn't have done, but its the players who bear almost all of the responsibility for the situation escalating.

Yes it does matter. Fans can step over a ridiculous line.

I was at that game last year and the fans were total azzholes. Ask Gary Williams or anyone involved with the AD and they will tell you how ridiculous the students were.

And BTW, i am not trying to condone Redick and what he did(if he did it). All i am saying is that flipping the middle finger or sayign F you back is no big deal. And BTW, the difference between JJ and the pro players is just that..>They are professionals. They are paid. JJ is a 20 year old student who plays BB. Big difference.

And i am sure, judging by the way the fans were, the middle finger was the nicest response he SHOULD have given.

Yes it does matter. Fans can step over a ridiculous line.

I was at that game last year and the fans were total azzholes. Ask Gary Williams or anyone involved with the AD and they will tell you how ridiculous the students were.

And BTW, i am not trying to condone Redick and what he did(if he did it). All i am saying is that flipping the middle finger or sayign F you back is no big deal. And BTW, the difference between JJ and the pro players is just that..>They are professionals. They are paid. JJ is a 20 year old student who plays BB. Big difference.

And i am sure, judging by the way the fans were, the middle finger was the nicest response he SHOULD have given.

Let me say this. I have no problem with the fans taunting JJ Redick. I also have no problem with him taunting back.

I do have a problem with people who complain about it, as if it will ever change.

Archived