Duke Vs Md

Sports Guy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what do you expect to happen in this game?

I think the key for MD is getting Williams in foul trouble if they can. If they cam't, they won't be able to stop him and judging by the way they played perimeter defense against NC St, i am thinking Duke could have a field down behind the line, especially if Williams is going off.

I say Duke wins by double digits.

come on out and get your whoopin.

I was determined at the 2:00 min mark after Randolph took the phantom charge and then proceeded to push off and score the next time down that win or lose I was going to go off on the refs. They blatantly tried to give that game to Duke and no one will convince me otherwise. This game should be sent to the NCAA and those refs should be reprimanded, fined or whatever. This crap with K getting that many bogus calls or non calls has got to stop. Winning doesn't make it right and doesn't make it a non issue because its going to continue to happen and more times than not Duke is gonna win that game.

The only other thing I'll say is Im sorry I doubted Maryland could win this game.

I'm not sure which win I've liked more this year, beating FSU in football or Duke tonight. I have no doubt Maryland is the better team when the play like a cohesive group, thankfully they played very good defense and when they went on runs, really spread the ball around (with a few exceptions). This was a great game to watch, I just really hope that Nik is ok.

So what did we learn tonight:

1) Maryland can not only beat Duke, but in back-to-back games and away.

2) Nik has finally proved he can play against a top team

3) My RA lives right below me and can hear when I slam the bed with hands and shout HEY! YOU SUCK! at the top of my lungs.

---that second one is only there cause i needed to think of something else...I think Nik proved himself a few games back...I'm really not sure, but it doesn't matter as long as he's healthy.

I was determined at the 2:00 min mark after Randolph took the phantom charge and then proceeded to push off and score the next time down that win or lose I was going to go off on the refs. They blatantly tried to give that game to Duke and no one will convince me otherwise. This game should be sent to the NCAA and those refs should be reprimanded, fined or whatever. This crap with K getting that many bogus calls or non calls has got to stop. Winning doesn't make it right and doesn't make it a non issue because its going to continue to happen and more times than not Duke is gonna win that game.

The only other thing I'll say is Im sorry I doubted Maryland could win this game.

I agree wholeheartedly. The group of these refs should be reprimanded to the fullest extent. If this game is reviewed and studied, a series of not only blatently missed, but blatently bad calls will appear throughout in favor of Duke. This has got to stop. The officiating was absolutely obscene.

What an awesome game.

Bowers won the starting job tonight. Only time Duke really tried to go inside in the second half was when he was out of the game. He still looks raw, but he played great for a guy who was about 11th on the depth chart a month ago.

McCray played well, and defended Redick about as well as anyone has. JJ was just throwing up random shots in the second half.

Here's what I said at the beginning of the thread:

Two things will decide this game for the Terps: defending Redick outside, and finding an inside presence against Williams.

Hopefully, some combination of guards (McCray/Ledbetter) can keep Redick from getting open, while an Ibekwe/Gist/Garrison/Bowers rotation can get some inside points and rebounds while putting Williams in foul trouble. If those happen, I see the Terps winning. If one doesn't, we lose. If neither does, we lose big.

Lottery numbers are forthcoming :P

Finally, in case no one caught it before: what an AWESOME GAME :D

It's ok dude all is forgiven. I said that I would get a buzz cut if they won the ACC tourney or NCAA tourney. That's when I learned never to doubt against my own team. I said tonight that we would need everybody to have their best games on to win...I think we pretty much got that. Now you know and, just like me, it won't happen again i'm sure :D

WE BEAT DUKE

On the refs: they made some absolutely awful calls, as they always do in this game. However, I noticed a couple non-calls against Maryland that could be charitibly called "make-up calls". For example, after they blew the wrist-slap by Williams on Gist, the next time down they ignored Bowers ramming into a set Randolph and knocking him halfway to Chapel Hill.

Someone needs to make a highlight DVD: "Worst Ref Calls: Duke vs. Maryland". I bet they sell out their stock in a week.

I didn't think the officiating was that bad. There were missed calls both ways. I thought NCM definitely got a piece of Redick on the fast break where he hurt his ankle, and Bowers got away with an NBA walk in the first half.

I didn't think there was any real contact at all on that fast break. It looked like Nik went back and Reddick tried to draw the foul, but nobody was there to make much contact with, and he just missed it. I don't think it was blocked.

Archived