O'sProspects.com Twitter - BIG Draft News

Klein wouldn't go to the GCL though. I'd expect Aberdeen at the very least since they are planning on grooming him as a starter. Narron or Urban will be my 2 guesses. Narron makes more sense from the outside, but OTOH, if a deal is to be finalized by Sunday, I would have expected some what of a different response from Narron when I asked him if he was gonna sign with us....

I'd love for it to be Urban. To me they are similar types of prospects....

I can kind of understand what you're saying but I think you should elaborate. I mean, Narron is a SS and Urban is a pitcher.

Also, you should ask Urban if he's going to sign.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can kind of understand what you're saying but I think you should elaborate. I mean, Narron is a SS and Urban is a pitcher.

Also, you should ask Urban if he's going to sign.

Ok, both are good HS prospects, not premium HS prospects, but a notch below. Both have some tools that are as good or even better than the premium or elite prospects but there is something that is holding each one back from being a premium prospect.

IMO both in actuality have the same exact potential as some of the premium HS guys in the draft, but Narron didn't continue to progress as hoped for or else he could have been a 1st round talent. Urban's FB velocity is slightly lower than most of the premium HS pitchers, though it is getting there.

The difference in the 2 as far as prospect status goes is that Urban actually has been shooting up draft boards this year and his improvements are pretty linear. Narron kinda regressed because last year coming into this season, he did look like a potential premium prospect.

For me both guys are just a notch below that premium elite status, but both have the potential to become premium prospects.

Ok, both are good HS prospects, not premium HS prospects, but a notch below. Both have some tools that are as good or even better than the premium or elite prospects but there is something that is holding each one back from being a premium prospect.

IMO both in actuality have the same exact potential as some of the premium HS guys in the draft, but Narron didn't continue to progress as hoped for or else he could have been a 1st round talent. Urban's FB velocity is slightly lower than most of the premium HS pitchers, though it is getting there.

The difference in the 2 as far as prospect status goes is that Urban actually has been shooting up draft boards this year and his improvements are pretty linear. Narron kinda regressed because last year coming into this season, he did look like a potential premium prospect.

For me both guys are just a notch below that premium elite status, but both have the potential to become premium prospects.

I wouldn't say Narron regressed. I'd say he was very much himself this spring. Question is, "What will he be as a pro?"

Oh lord. I hope he isn't going around saying this (for his sake) since he can be declared ineligible by the NCAA for having an agent handle his negotiations.

EDIT -- and Narron/Klein would be the only two players to potentially fit the "big news" description, in my opinion. No way Machado is done right now.

Aren't most drafted players represented by an agent? Wieters/Boros as an example. All the NCAA would have to do is turn on the Sportcenter, watch the draft, or read a magazine to know who has an agent representing them.

Aren't most drafted players represented by an agent? Wieters/Boros as an example. All the NCAA would have to do is turn on the Sportcenter, watch the draft, or read a magazine to know who has an agent representing them.

It is an informal arrangement by which the agent acts as "advisor." Players don't actually sign with an agent until they either run out of eligibility, or they're absolutely sure they won't be returning to college ball.

Archived