Alfredo Simon stinks

MZ HAMMER

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 pitches tonight, only 15 of them were for a strike, and three hits allowed. That's not what you want to see from your closer, and Simon does that far too often. I'm not asking him to be Mariano Rivera out there. Heck, I'm not even asking him to be Gregg Olson. But I do ask for better than what his peripherals have shown. Stay away from the sowing box folks, because it's going to be more pins and needles.

22 pitches tonight, only 15 of them were for a strike, and three hits allowed. That's not what you want to see from your closer, and Simon does that far too often. I'm not asking him to be Mariano Rivera out there. Heck, I'm not even asking him to be Gregg Olson. But I do ask for better than what his peripherals have shown. Stay away from the sowing box folks, because it's going to be more pins and needles.

15 of 22 is 68%, which is fine. But he left a lot of pitches up in the zone.

While we're ripping on Simon, it's only fair to point out that David, the dude some people think is our future closer, couldn't find the plate and when he did, it wasn't pretty.

That said, I like both these guys as power arms out of the pen going forward and it was just one of those Tale Of Two Games kind of deals that rain delays seem to produce.

We might not have to worry about DH for a while. Buck said he has a medial something sprain. Swelled up real fast. He said he spoke to Andy for a second about what they might do.

That's a bummer... maybe good to get him some rest anyway, though. If he goes on the DL... Sarfate?

Sarfate isn't on the 40-man. Be nice to see him tho. His numbers are great this year.

EDIT: Probably make more sense to just bring Tatum back.

I'll give him credit where credit is due. I didn't have a great deal of confidence in him in the 9th, and when he came back in extra innings I felt a loss coming up. But he proved me wrong, and he played a big part in giving us a chance to win. Good job Alfredo!

Archived