MZ HAMMER

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to lie he looked good tonite

And I never said he didn't have the stuff

I just hated his inconsistency

Hopefully he turns a couple more games like this before I believe

He's gong to remain inconsistent, I suspect. But he's been good more often than he's been bad and I expect that to continue.

He feels like another Armando Benitez to me. You can take that how you want.

He's a lot calmer than Home-run-do. Benitez was good, but he was a hot head. Simon gets in trouble, he still looks under control. Still pitching. Benitez would get in trouble and try to throw the ball 150 mph.

Recently, we've seen potentially dominating stuff from someone like Baez and also David Hernandez. Guys who paint the outside corner with a power fastball on one pitch, and who can look overpowering over the course of an entire one or two inning outing, but are not able to sustain such stuff and results for the majority of a good stretch of the season. Simon is in this category as well.

Folks seems quite critical in this thread about a guy recently removed from surgery .... with limited innings since that surgery .... being asked to move into a closer role.

In Simon, I see a guy with plus stuff who can be a plus reliever out of the bp and one who clearly has the potential to grow into a good closer. Like David Hernandez, let's see what Simon can develop into, but he is certainly worth the chance this organization has taken on him.

Archived