Ryan Adams is now insanely hot

Frobby

Depends what you mean by "significant change."

2008: 46 errors in 96 games

2009: 17 errors in 53 games

2010: 19 errors in 81 games (2B only; 2 in 13 at 3B)

He's moved significantly in the right direction, but he still has quite a ways to go.

I agree; I'd say that's very significant, just not significant enough. The worst FP of any regular 2B in the majors is Chone Figgins at .974, and Adams is at .955.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends what you mean by "significant change."

2008: 46 errors in 96 games

2009: 17 errors in 53 games

2010: 19 errors in 81 games (2B only; 2 in 13 at 3B)

He's moved significantly in the right direction, but he still has quite a ways to go.

I'd be interested in knowing how many errors he made in how many balls hit his way. When you divide things up by game it counts all games equally when obviously there can be great variation from game to game. All first hand reports I've read seem very down on his D, have you read otherwise?

I agree; I'd say that's very significant, just not significant enough. The worst FP of any regular 2B in the majors is Chone Figgins at .974, and Adams is at .955.

Although you might want to give Adams a bump because of the poorer field conditions in the minors. I'm sure seeing consistent bounces would help.

I'd be interested in knowing how many errors he made in how many balls hit his way. When you divide things up by game it counts all games equally when obviously there can be great variation from game to game. All first hand reports I've read seem very down on his D, have you read otherwise?

Although you might want to give Adams a bump because of the poorer field conditions in the minors. I'm sure seeing consistent bounces would help.

Well EVERYONE was down on his D coming into the season, but he's been making strides this year. Like BaysoxFan said, he's making a majority of them at the hands taking the ball into the glove, almost like he's thinking through the play faster than his hands can keep up.

I always found that playing on the poor surfaces early in your career really helps you out later because you play more cautious of the hops later. I played first, so you can imagine it was worse for me than other positions because I had the hops off of hard throws too, but if you are expecting a hop you can't be surprised by one.

If you get a chance take a look at his swing. Short, quick through the zone and very compact. Adams is very strong too. When his fielding steps up he will be someone to watch.

Why wait? Move him to LF. It's not like that is set position for us the way Pie and Reimold have been this year:)

Wow, just looked at Bowie's stats for the first time in a while. That whole team has been red-hot offensively for the past month-and-a-half. In addition to Adams, Waring has a ton of K's but a ton of XBH too. Mahoney has Pujols numbers in 100+ AB.

Why wait? Move him to LF. It's not like that is set position for us the way Pie and Reimold have been this year:)

A move to LF is probably the last resort (short of DH), and they should do it only if they're convinced that his D won't be playable in the infield. A 2Bman with some pop would be a very valuable commodity.

Archived