Game 3 vs Chicago White Sox - Sunday 8/8

alaniee

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew! Guthrie gets out of that jam. I was so ready to explode if Bell had made a bad throw while allowing the man to just jog past him to third base. I thought he could have gotten him at third instead of having to throw to first but he makes a good throw whewwwww

I really like what corey Patterson brings to the team however its just so hard to get him playing time nowadays

BUT

I believe Felix Pie can be an even better player and do what Patterson does. Speed. Bunt. Power. Hit. Run. Good Defense.

Hopefully Pie can continue to progress upwards from this point and get strong in basics and fundamentals then we have an excellent all around player.

So I have a question.

If Patterson is in the game and batting second because he's 6 for 14 against Buehrle, why have him bunt?

Maybe because it was a good idea? Move Roberts over to second with only 1 out or even Corey beats the throw and first and second.

I understand what you mean by Corey hitting Buehrle well but seems Buck likes to get a higher % of getting a run in. I thought it was the right thing to do, get Roberts over in scoring position with only 1 out.

However, I don't think Buck needs to change the line up. Roberts leading off and Nick batting second should be the permanent line up!

I really like what corey Patterson brings to the team however its just so hard to get him playing time nowadays

BUT

I believe Felix Pie can be an even better player and do what Patterson does. Speed. Bunt. Power. Hit. Run. Good Defense.

Hopefully Pie can continue to progress upwards from this point and get strong in basics and fundamentals then we have an excellent all around player.

Haha isn't that what the Cubs hoped for from both of them?

Archived