Game 3 vs Chicago White Sox - Sunday 8/8

alaniee

Maybe because it was a good idea? Move Roberts over to second with only 1 out or even Corey beats the throw and first and second.

I understand what you mean by Corey hitting Buehrle well but seems Buck likes to get a higher % of getting a run in. I thought it was the right thing to do, get Roberts over in scoring position with only 1 out.

However, I don't think Buck needs to change the line up. Roberts leading off and Nick batting second should be the permanent line up!

I think it's the right move too, but it's inconsistent logic. If they only had him in because Luke had a head-cold, they would have batted him lower in the order. Batting him second would indicate to me that they legit believe he's that good against Buerhle and if that's the case, have him hit straight out, because he'll probably advance the runner anyway.

Anyway, it was the right move because Patterson actually sucks against lefties, I just don't get their logic.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to get the runner on 3B in with only one out. Missed opportunity there. Pie swung at a ball when all he needed was a deep fly to the OF.

During broadcasts, they quickly come up with stats like this team hits x with runners in scoring position and things like that. I wish they tracked things like percentage of scoring runs when you have a guy on 2nd with 0 outs and guys on 3rd with 1 outs and see how those percentages relate to the total number of runs scored. They were 1/2 last inning with runners on 2nd and 0 outs.

Archived