Wow, Avery promoted to AA

McLovin

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this a cup of coffee, like LJ Hoes' recent visit to Bowie, or is this intended to be "permanent"?

I think its pernament, Melewski mentioned that he is expected to start Center and bat leadoff. The organization is properly trying to push Bowie to a major playoff run, if thats the case then I would expect Hoes to be up soon.

I think its pernament, Melewski mentioned that he is expected to start Center and bat leadoff. The organization is properly trying to push Bowie to a major playoff run, if thats the case then I would expect Hoes to be up soon.

There's not a spot for Hoes with Ryan Adams at 2B and Brandon Waring at 3B. Not to mention Hoes missed a ton of time due to mono. I doubt we see Hoes in Bowie barring injury.

To play where? Doesn't Adams play 2B most of the time?

It seems to me like every time I check the box scores recently, Adams has been at 3B. Waring has been in LF and DH. Carlos Rojas has been playing 2B...

In terms of pushing for the playoffs, I wonder if Hoes would really be an upgade over Rojas. From what I can see, Rojas is a very good defensive 2B, and his bat is not awful. Hoes might hit better, or he might have a tough transition to AA, but he'd probably be a downgrade defensively.

Let's not forget that Frederick will be in the playoffs, too. They've already given up Mahoney, Miclat, Avery and Zagone. Someone has to hold down the fort!

I wonder if goes to the AFL now, since he won't have to be an "A" guy? It would be cool to see what he can do there, especially if he has success at Bowie.

Yeah, I think there is more to the promotion than initially meets the eye. When thinking about the AFL, gotta figure that Big Joe, Avery, Hoes would be strong candidates, maybe Henson, maybe Adams to round out the O's contingent of 5 players.

Since Adam Jones seems entrenched in CF or at least an OF spot and Markakis in RF, one would wonder if Avery is being sent to AA to be showcased as trade bait for this coming offseason...

My guess is more scouts would attend AA games than A games, not to mention he'd get a higher ranking in BA's Top 100 and other charts because of his young age and advanced level.

Since Adam Jones seems entrenched in CF or at least an OF spot and Markakis in RF, one would wonder if Avery is being sent to AA to be showcased as trade bait for this coming offseason...

My guess is more scouts would attend AA games than A games, not to mention he'd get a higher ranking in BA's Top 100 and other charts because of his young age and advanced level.

When was the last time the O's traded a young, promising, position prospect?

I doubt this is the reason, but you never know. I'd bet this is just based on the O's feeling he is ready and can help Bowie get to the playoffs.

Archived