Wow, Avery promoted to AA

McLovin

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would you send Spoone instead of shutting him down?

Well I guess it depends on where he ends up innings wise, but he should be healthy enough after the surgery now, and he's only pitched like 50IP in the past 2 years, so I wouldn't mind seeing a couple outings in the fall. I get the err on the side of caution after surgery, but if he thinks he can handle it, why not give him a shot? It's not like guys put up a ton of IP in AZ anyway.

Well I guess it depends on where he ends up innings wise, but he should be healthy enough after the surgery now, and he's only pitched like 50IP in the past 2 years, so I wouldn't mind seeing a couple outings in the fall. I get the err on the side of caution after surgery, but if he thinks he can handle it, why not give him a shot? It's not like guys put up a ton of IP in AZ anyway.

True. I am on the fence with Spoone. I want to push him because he only has one option year remaining starting in 2011, meaning that he is either with Baltimore in 2012 or he is off the 40 man.

• 2 weeks later...
Avery 3 for 5 with 1 double 4 rbis 2 k's batting 302.

You are correct. And did you see Buck Showalter in the Baysox dugout tonight? He arrived around the 5th inning and stayed until the 8th. I don't think I ever heard of a ML manager taking the time to sit in on a minor league game in the middle of the season the same day his team played. I like this guy more and more.

I doubt this is the reason, but you never know. I'd bet this is just based on the O's feeling he is ready and can help Bowie get to the playoffs.

Avery is a good ball player. He has speed and athletisim. Seems to need some development reading balls off the bat because with his speed he should get to more balls than he does. I hope Jonathan Tucker can help him in that department. (Tucker is the best outfielder I have seen in years). Trading Avery at this point would be a mistake in my opinion.

Avery is a good ball player. He has speed and athletisim. Seems to need some development reading balls off the bat because with his speed he should get to more balls than he does. I hope Jonathan Tucker can help him in that department. (Tucker is the best outfielder I have seen in years). Trading Avery at this point would be a mistake in my opinion.

Interesting. Did you get to see much of Angle?

Archived