Instructional league canceled

Frobby

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard it was not offical yet.

A couple of players who needed to know their fall schedules were told that Instructs had been cancelled. Perhaps they were told wrong, but that was what they were told a couple of weeks ago and they have made other plans. They were not told that "they" would not be going, but were told that "Fall Instructs" had been cancelled.

Of course, Buck now has a say and maybe he will change things. The players were told at about the time that Buck started.

A couple of players who needed to know their fall schedules were told that Instructs had been cancelled. Perhaps they were told wrong, but that was what they were told a couple of weeks ago and they have made other plans. They were not told that "they" would not be going, but were told that "Fall Instructs" had been cancelled.

Of course, Buck now has a say and maybe he will change things. The players were told at about the time that Buck started.

Don't get me wrong Doc, I'm betting they are going to be canceled, but I was just told it's not official yet. Hopefully they are working something for the new draftees at the very least.

Don't get me wrong Doc, I'm betting they are going to be canceled, but I was just told it's not official yet. Hopefully they are working something for the new draftees at the very least.

I completely understood your comments and agree. I just wanted everyone to know why I said earlier they had been cancelled. One thing we all know about the Orioles is that nothing is final until it is final. However, a change at this time would be a hardship for a couple of guys who have now committed to a formal off-season training elsewhere.

I am sure this is in no way a matter of expense, but the logistics are much more complicsted than grabbing a back field and playing choose-up ball. Coordination with the other teams via scheduling, housing, food preparation and dorms are only part of the logistical requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought this deserved its own thread. Doc Shorebird is reporting that the O's won't hold instructional league this fall because of the renovations going on in Sarasota. ... Please tell me Doc's wrong here.

As reported, the O's wont hold the instructional league this fall because of renovations going on in Sarasota. A scaled down version with no pitchers is not the same as instructional league training.

My sources were pitchers who were told that they could schedule personal training elsewhere because there would be no intructional league this year at Sarasota and thus they would not be needed there and could get their personal conditioning programs underway as soon as the season ends.

DUMB! DUMB! DUMB!

Can't this organization ever shoot straight?

:cussing::angryfire:

The O's are holding a smaller instructional league at Camden Yards. The Sun article implied that pitchers would be there, but they would need fewer pitchers because they had fewer position players. I don't see how this is really dumb.

C'mon, they're holding a couple of weeks of workouts and an intrasquad game or something. Other teams will get their prospects a month or two of league games plus practices.What's wrong with this picture?

The Orioles are once again going on the cheap-as usual-or they're just plain incompetent. Probably both. Have they looked into contacting some college and maybe renting their facilities? Some school mite like the money.

Or are the Orioles just too cheap? There's no excuse for this.

C'mon, they're holding a couple of weeks of workouts and an intrasquad game or something. Other teams will get their prospects a month or two of league games plus practices.What's wrong with this picture?

The Orioles are once again going on the cheap-as usual-or they're just plain incompetent. Probably both. Have they looked into contacting some college and maybe renting their facilities? Some school mite like the money.

Or are the Orioles just too cheap? There's no excuse for this.

You do realize that they are completely renovating multiple facilities in Sarasota, not exactly the cheapest thing to do and it also happens to be the reason they are running a scaled down instructional league.

Archived