Does Machado Sign? Will You Be Upset If He Doesn't?

JohnD

Will Machado sign? And what's your reaction?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Will Machado sign? And what's your reaction?

• Yes he will, and I'll be glad
    • Yes he will, but I won't like the deal
    • No he won't, and I'm livid about how it played out
    • No he won't, and it's just as well

Dan Connolly:

Source says Machado got $5.25 million

Sweet, exactly what I was thinking. Boras caved once he realized he had no more leverage. Machado wanted to sign all along, we pretty much knew that.

Kudos to Jordan and the O's for sticking to their guns and getting it done.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• For the next 3 months, Snell could perhaps outperform Skubal or Crochet but his trade value is still less as his salary is unrestricted by the league's cost containment mechanisms.
    • Skubal would be great but they’re getting way too many non competitive starts right now. I’d argue adding 2 guys like Kikuchi/Fedde would help more than adding just Skubal/Crochet. Probably wouldn’t be as useful in the playoffs if you’re only rolling with 3 starters, but you also would give up a lot less prospect capital.  They currently have 2 starters with an ERA below 4.40 that are averaging more than 5 IP/start. That’s just not good enough. 
    • RH reliever Dylan Floro of the Nats would be a nice addition
    • I am not trading Basallo for Snell and Doval. I just do not value relief pitching at the level of an impact bat that is controllable for 6+ years. I think the best deal the Orioles can make in the next week is the one that nobody in the media has even mentioned. Someone is going to like our prospects outside of the top 3 and Kjerstad/Cowser that wants to get something done. Snell is going to be expensive and if the Giants wants to move on from that expense then they get a lesser prospect or get a bit better prospect by eating some of the contract, but we are not bailing them out and giving up a top prospect in all of baseball. I think all of these media reports leaking top prospects in asking prices is being done by the team that covets those prospects and not the Orioles. Get Fedde and Scott.
    • Me too, and Wilson Betemit wasn’t a good alternative either.   The day Manny came up and replaced the at 3B was miraculous.   I’m just saying that we’ll have to see for ourselves if Mayo is actually bad.    
    • It could be our post deadline lineup if we do get Skubal as well with presumably Basallo anchoring.   If I'm Elias I am pushing for Casey Mize too should Basallo be made available. Or, protecting all of the Big 3, is Kjerstad, EBJ, Povich and McDermott a deal Getz or Harris would pass up?
    • Me too.  I looked real quick and thought it was regarding the 2024  draft.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now